cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q info record usage

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to find the need to use a Q info record. I know how to create one and what all it does. But I can run business even without having a Q info record and have all the quality functions for a material. So my question is what is the absolute reason to have a Q info record? Is there any harm in not having one ?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no harm if you don't use any of the functionality given by SAP and that includes Q-info records as well.

You use Q-info records where you want to maintain some Vendor specific parameters (different from those of regular material). For a single material which is procured from 10 different vendors, you can maintain different settings using Q-info records.

There may be requirements where a material need to be inspected whenever it is purchased from Vendor 1-3, whereas you need it until the vendor is not approved for Vendor 4-8, and for Vendor 9-10, you do not need inspection lots at all and you directly want to post it free stock.

Al this you can achieve using Q-info records. Since for a single material, you either activate inspection type or you do not!! There are lot of other features where you would need Info records. Source inspection, lead time before GR etc.

Explore help files and other content related to Q-info records, go through few threads and you'll get to know what Q-info record is all about.

ntn