cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charm without Cross system object lock

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We have requirement for configuration of Charm without cross system object lock i.e. solution manager will be used for documentation but create, release, import request from the development system itself.

Can we make changes in the functionality and use charm for documentation only?

if anyone has the same requirement can you please let me know steps to be followed.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Sushant

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sushant,

ChaRM has many sub features like CSOL where

ChaRM controls the entire Change Management process for you but CSOL is just creating lock and avoiding conficts.

It seems what your requirement is to have change management in place without TMS connection right?

you can use that .....we have control status switches in ChaRM Project where you can control the release or import of changes via erp dev etc directly

But why you don't want to use this good feature of ChaRM where you can automate the above work

hope this helps

Regards

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Prabhakar,

Thanks for the reply.

Our project has just gone live and issues immediate resolution is being carried. Charm will integrate with system and training is required for that which at this point of time not possible but at the same time without affecting the issue resolution we want to log the changes in solution manager.

We will use the CSOL feature may be some time later.

At present i have not activate CSOL, still the document doesn't flow through. Document got stuck at "In development" phase and doesn't move forward. It doesn't allow to change the status.

Regards

Sushant

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sushant,

CSOL has no connection in that way like you have mentioned.i.e You can use ChaRM without CSOL it is not mandatory at all

you have actions in solman charm urgent correction(for example) like Development completed which change the status and trigger import from erp dev to erp quality system etc

but make sure you have the access for import or ask basis guys to perform this action.

you can check the log in SCMA or task list if it fails.

Thanks

Prakhar