cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi paper format support

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus

I need to create adobe forms that should support North-America letter format as well as Europeen A4 format.

Letter format is 8.5 inches X 11 Inches (215.9 mm X 279.4 mm)

A4 format is 8.26 inhes X 11.69 Inches (210 mm X 297 m)

1. Is it possible to determine the paper size based on the user location?

2. For the header itself, it is not a huge problem. It is always at the top of the paper regardless of the paper format.

3. But for the footer, I would like to have the footer at the end of the docuement regardless the paper size.

Example: At paper length - 1 inch.

4. Is it possible to horizontally centralize the body part of the form based on the paper width.

5. Furthermore, the form should support several languages. But this is another story.

Step by step and/or example would be highly appreciated.

Regards

Daniel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone

Is anyone has an idea on how to proceed?

Regards

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ashvin

Thank you for your answer.

But we are not using webdynpro Java.

All our forms are used by regular Abap programs NOT webdynpro.

Do you know any other link where the internationalization of adobe forms are covered?

Page format handling as well as the language?

Regards

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone

The first post has been done in May. We are now in October and no answers have been provided.

Is anyone are creating Adobe forms that is used internationally?

Should I understand that I am working for the only international company using SAP and adobe forms?

Is anyone has an idea how we can create 1 form that can be used by different country using different paper size?

I would like to avoid to create 1 form per paper size and language.

When using Adobe reader, at the printout, we can check the fit paper size. I didn't find any parameter we can pass to the PDF function from ABAP. Did I miss something or there are no parameter for that?

I really need help. Any suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Regards

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

We are using our global Adobe Forms worldwide and across different paperformat-countries (what a word).

When we went to Mexico with our forms, which is also a US-Letter-country, we in fact asked ourselves exactly the same question. Our target was to definitely not copy the forms just because of a different paper format.

As time was very short during that roll-out, and a solution on form-side would have needed more time for investigation than we had, we decided for the most pragmatic approach.

All printers in that location were already standardized to HP printers. So we just implemented a setting on all printers "OVERRIDE A4/LETTER" --> YES. With this setting deployed the printers didn't stop when receiving a "wrong paper format, they just printed on US-Letter.

In addition we changed the layout (print area) of our global forms to be a little wider and a little shorter, in order to fit on both formats.

Now we're facing a project to replace all existing forms in US and Canada, and of course the same question arises. But also here we're lucky to have our printers standardized. So again we'll choose the printer setting approach.

In the meantime we found some time to do more investigation on the topic. Result: using the xdc and xci configuration on the ADS server we didn't find a solution. The only thing that we still have left for investigation is doing something inside the form using Java script.

regards