cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting to SAP system and External System using Web DynPro for Java?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am analyzing the best way for one unified UI to connect to an SAP back-end and one or more NON-SAP external systems (Oracle).  It seems Web Dynpro  for Java may be the best choice, as it may allow the Java objects on the J2EE server to easily connect wherever they need to, including calling the SAP system with RFC or web services.

Does anyone have thoughts on this approach or alternatives? I am fairly new to SAP and have a hard time following best practices since the SAP technologies are changing often. I'm not sure that Web DynPro for Java is being supported anymore according to some other posts on the SCN.

Thanks,

Allan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member191044
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Allan,

i think you are quite free in choice of UI technoligie.Since with SAP Java Connector you can establish the connection to the ABAP System. So you could use any front end technologie based on java to build your UI. Webdynpro has the advantage that you can use adaptive rfc models to easily integrate ABAP RFCs into your project. I think WD4J will be supported in future but not enhanced anymore. So you could use it. Haven't used UI5 myself yet, so i can't give you input about that technologie.

SAP JCo:

SAP Java Connector - Komponenten der SAP-Kommunikationstechnologie - SAP Library

Adaptive RFC tutorial:

Cheers,

Tobi