Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Error by grant privileges to _sys_repo

Hi experts,

I have the following basic question about _sys_repo user and the ability to see the content of an attribute view :

I have created new schema and 2 new tables from the repository with my user MOO, after activation the objects. I give meself the select privileges on the schema :

i have tried :

GRANT SELECT ON SCHEMA "ADEL_SCHEMA" TO _SYS_REPO WITH GRANT OPTION;

i get the error : insufficient privilege: Not authorized

so i solve this issue with :

call _SYS_REPO.GRANT_SCHEMA_PRIVILEGE_ON_ACTIVATED_CONTENT('select','<SCHEMANAME>','MOO');

so far so good , i can access the schema and see the content of the tables.

After that i have created an attribute view using the 2 tables : the problem i can not see the content of the view.

The only solution is given in more than a post is :

GRANT SELECT ON SCHEMA <YOUR SCHEMA> TO _SYS_REPO WITH GRANT OPTION;

1.My First question : I acticated the table, so _sys_repo is the owner of those objects. Has _sys_repo also access to the table and to schema  ?

2. why i have to grant the privileges on my schema to _sys_pro ? i want to see the content of the attribute view with my user.

3. Trying to execute :

GRANT SELECT ON SCHEMA <YOUR SCHEMA> TO _SYS_REPO WITH GRANT OPTION;

I get the error :

insufficient privilege: Not authorized

Thanks in advance,

Best Regards

Former Member
Former Member replied

I think I missed your original comment that you could not access the VIEWS, but could see the schema tables. That tells me that you likely had no analytic privileges to access the views. What likely happened is that via MODELING you received AP "BI_CP_ALL", which allows you to execute any view in the system. Since SYS_REPO already owned the schema, he could already read the base data.

The approach you mention is suitable for developers (CP_ALL), but for other groups of end users, you'll likely want to restrict what models they can see.

Regards,

Justin

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question