cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DERIVE Function not working for customer

0 Kudos

hello experts:

I have create a function DERIVE_BP_CUSGEN to default values in the Create Customer Change Request.

I create the rule set and tested in simulation and it works, but with I try in Change Request default values not showing in Change Request.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Under which folder did you create the function? Can you please post screenshots of the BRF+ application structure and the new function you created?

0 Kudos

Hi, 

I created a new Function,  DERIVE_CUSTOMER

in the folder Derivation, under Trigger Functions as shown

I have attach screen shot of the Function and Ruleset. This does not work when creating a change request create customer CUST1P1..

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The function name should be DERIVE_<entity name>. CUSTOMER is not an entity. This is why it does not work.

In the signature, you need to provide the entity itself not just separate fields because that won't work either.

See this document: (make sure to see the note on page 56).

0 Kudos

Thank you for the info, got it working!

Question, any tips to create a DERIVE function based on 'Change Request Type' creq_type. , since this in not in entity name.

I need to create several rules based on "Change Request Type"

Thanks for your assistance

RiccardoBrogi
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

starting from MDG 6.1, Change Request Type could be directly added to your ruleset as a variable.

You can then easily use this variable for an IF statement inside the rule.

Have a look to the paragraph 5.6.1.3 of the guide reported by Adbullah.

Bye,

Riccardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's true. However, remember that the CHECK_<entity> and DERIVE_<entity> is only called if that specific entity is changed in the round trip. If you want to use the CR type in deriving a customer entity, then it should work. On the other hand, if you need to always verify or use the CR type in a CR header derivation, then BRF+ won't work. You will most probably need to enhance the CR Header GenIL model using transaction GENIL_MODEL_BROWSER.

0 Kudos

Hi,

My requirement is to create a DERIVE function,  a sample would be:

IF 'Change Request Type' = Z123

Then Change Value of   'Customer Payment Terms' to Z1 (net 30)

Question: is how to access and use "Change Request Type" value in creating my Derive Rule set?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, this will work (as long as you are deriving a value in the entity). My comment above is about trying to CHECK or DERIVE CR header fields such as Type, Reason, Rejection Reason, etc.

0 Kudos

Thank you for your assistance,

When I am creating the RuleSet for the Derive Function, specifically  how do access the "Change Request type to add it in my IF statement?  I have been using 'use value range from... 'context' selecting entries in Entity..etc,    so how do I pull  the "Change Request Type value X.  into my IF statement?

Thanks again for your patience and assistance.

RiccardoBrogi
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

you have to had a new variable to your ruleset.

Cheers,

Riccardo

0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Riccardo

I have been testing but haven't got the DERIVE to work with the new Variable 'TYPE'.  I did notice that the 'TYPE' variable does not have any values or dropdown selection, so I manually entered the value. Is this normal or is there something I need to do go get the values in the dropdown.  When testing the value in the Change Request always defaults to the "Else" value Z001.  When creating a CUST1P1 CR I should get the value Z002.

Any suggestion I should try? and Why do is there no values for the new Variable TYPE?

Thanks for your assistance.