cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot recognize installed product instance (FSCM/Finbasis)

willi_eimler
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear SolutionManager-Experts,

I'm facing a problem with a managed system in LMDB causing me to get a raving madness!!!

I updated a NW 7.01 System with SEM and FINBASIS addon to NW 7.3.

I deleted the old System in LMDB. Created a new one (corresponding to the system in SLD) and synchronized it with the sld. After that I got a technical system with the following productinstance:

As you can see there is a Productinstance

• SAP FSCM - FSCM Server (ABAP) with productversion SAP ERP 6.0
  • Finbasis with productversion EHP4 FOR SAP ERP 6.0 (Add-on)

These Productinstances are reported in the verification run with a red led:

The software components of the product instances are displayed as not installed.

In the SLD I see the following data:

The SPAM, Table PDVERS shows:

Please help (and stop my madness). 

This is the SPAM of my SolutionManager

Best regards

Willi Eimler

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

EHP4 for SAP ERP 6.0 has a SAP SEM on Netweaver 7.3 instance, but not a FINBASIS on Netweaver 7.3.

As SAP SEM NW7.3 includes both SAP SEM 634 and FINBASIS 634, I think that the best course of action is just remove the assignment of product instance FINBASIS of EHP4 for SAP ERP 6.0, as it covers no existing software components.

The SAP FSCM 6.0 and SEM 6.0 must be removed if you choose the ERP product version to define the system.

Please check SAP Note 1927083. It is either case A (old style ERP, EHP for ERP  and Netweaver defined for the system, then choose in Maintenance Optimizer the product version ERP) or case B (the new scenario, where you should choose SEM 6.04 product version, not 6.00). One or the other, not a mix of both.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariño

willi_eimler
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Miguel,

I checked 1927083. I used scenario A) sem part of ERP.

Now I'm sick of the problems with the solution manager!!! I opend a message at marketplace!

I going to post the solution. I'm now waiting for sap.

Best regards

Willi Eimler

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

There is a good chance I will write in the support message the same solution I wrote here in this thread.

The Solution Manager is in this case fine, the problem is in PPMS. Not that it makes a big difference to the end experience, I am afraid.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariño

willi_eimler
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Miguel,

I was a little bit angry about sap and so I fergot to tell you that I can't delete a product instance. The product instance is defined by the data in SLD. When I want to delete it the system throws the message:

In SLD the data is ok.

Best regards

Willi Eimler     

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please set in SU01 the parameter LMDB_AUTO_DS_OVRWRT with value 06 for your user.

Then log out and login again.

The message you mention above will still appear, but you will be able to edit the instances anyway.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariño

willi_eimler
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Miguel,

you are right. I can delete it with the parameter, but the product instance is crucial for the release strategy of a system.

I would like SAP to instruct me to do this!

If I manipulate the product instance I could install "wrong" stacks.

There is something wrong if an automatic data provider results the wrong product instance. I want the error fixed!

Everything you wrote is right. Therefore I marked your answers as useful. If SAP instructs me to delete the product instance I will mark your answer as correct.

Best regards

Willi Eimler

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for the feedback.

The idea behind the manipulation that I recommended, is that the EHP4 for SAP ERP 6.0 instance SAP SEM on Netweaver 7.3 contains both SEM-BW 634 and FINBASIS 634. On the other hand, there is no product instance that has only FINBASIS 634.

FINBASIS 634 has only SAP SEM NW7.3 as possible product instance assignment

In conclusion: there is no software component lacking assignment or that will be ommited during the subsequent updates if you just don't assign product instance Finbasis.

As for Business Functions, the SAP Note 1165438 contains all the mappings between technical usages and business functions. Technical usage Finbasis is the technical usage that results in product instance Finbasis being installed. But, technical usage Finbasis has no business function mappings.

The only impact of removing product instance Finbasis from LMDB could be the removal of a system identity table entry for Finbasis. But that is metadata, not really any coding.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariño

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

oliver_pfaff2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

In your very first screenshot you have FSCM and SEM under SAP ERP 6.0

The you have Finbasis and SEM NW7.3 under EHP4 FOR SAP ERP 6.0 (Add-on)

See screenshot:

This is a sample EHp 6 system:

ERP systems are always messy in this regard.

Regards,

Oliver Pfaff.

willi_eimler
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

can you explain how I can do this?

Best regards

Willi Eimler

oliver_pfaff2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Willi,

select the "Produktsystemzurodnung" button:

Here you can see a list of the assigned prod versions and product instances - there will be a checkbox for every entry.

Here you can check and uncheck things that are relevant to your system.

You can also ask the system to search for components that might be relvant:

In the screenshot above you can also used the "Free text" option to search everthing.

It takes a bit of getting used to but you can play around with it and see the results.

Regards,

Oliver Pfaff.

willi_eimler
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

I can't change it, because I need to get a green or yellow verification check and after unchecking the component the Verification check stays red and recommends me to check the component again.

Best regards

Willi Eimler

oliver_pfaff2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

The verification check does not always work correctly and often leads you in the wrong direction.

You have to change it over to my way completely - then it will be green.

As long as it’s not completely correct it will keep giving you red ratings and try to push you in the wrong direction.

Unfortunately I cannot tell you 100% how to maintain it, but my second screenshot shows a working (green) example with EHp 6 which should not be different.

Regards,

Oliver Pfaff.

former_member190691
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Willi,

Did you update the CR Content and CIM Model in sld?

Regards.

Fernando.

willi_eimler
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Luis,

yes CR and CIm are up to date.

Best regards

Willi Eimler