cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduling workplace inspections with EHSM Component extension

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How do we schedule health and safety workplace inspections with EHSM component extension 4.0? Is it part of the delivered functionalities or requires integration with another module, product from SAP or 3rd party partners?

Thanks,

Tobi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is delivered functionality in component extension 4.0 for SAP EHSM. Also in 5.0 which was just released this week (12 May 2014) there is a Fiori app for completing the inspections using a mobile device. To create the inspection, first you create the questions for the inspection. You do this in the control master data. So, for example, if the control is "fire extinguisher", then you create questions such as

• Is fire extinguisher in the correct location?
  • Is fire extinguisher charged (in green zone)?
  • Is fire extinguisher accessible and free of obstructions?

Next you create the inspection, set the frequency, and assign it to an individual. The system will then send the responsible individual a workflow each time the inspection is due. More information is found here:

Inspecting Controls - Risk Assessment (EHS-MGM-RAS) - SAP Library

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mary.

Based on the link provided and also based on a subsequent seaches in EHSM Component extension and in this SCN community, I couldn't confirm whether SAP deliver out-of-the-box this solution to take into consideration inspection requirements as set forth in Part II of the Canada Labour Code (CLC).

Can you please guide me how to confirm if this is part of the solution and if not what needs to be done at high level? For e.g. do you provide a RDS for Canadian Market?

Thanks.

Tobi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mary,

The description of the EHSM RDS v1.2 or v1.4 do not mention anything about Canada Labour Code.... hence the reason for my questions above. Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Inspections are easily created by an authorized user. SAP is not delivering pre-defined questions at this time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mary for your confirmation. Permit me another question about scheduling inspections:

during the creation and scheduling of inspections, the locations for the scheduled inspections is selected from the Locations defined in the EHSM foundation, i.e. same Locations structure used in Incident Management as well. Isn't it?

I tried to find a high level data model depicting the EHSM (Foundation, IM, RA, etc.) objects and relationships between them but couldn't find it. Does the product management team has one that can share with us?

Thanks

Tobi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to the link I provided above. Back up to the next higher level of navigation by using the X on risk assessment. Then read all the help on the Foundation component. You will find information about the Location object there.

former_member209335
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mary,

Thanks Mary, This is good information which you have posted here. i am working EHSM 4.0  project now . I need some demo material for inspection control.

Is there any SAP standard demo materials for inspection control?

your proposal always welcome..

Edward

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am happy to provide two speed demos with public URLs. The first is functionality that is available in component extension 4.0 for SAP EHS Management. The second is 5.0. So with 4.0, you will complete the inspections using Adobe Interactive Forms. If you upgrade to 5.0, the Fiori application is available. I am excited about this new functionality being able to add a lot of business benefit to our customers. Please let me know when you are live.

Control Inspections with EHSM

http://demo.tdc.sap.com/SpeedDemo/61bad19e1970e351

Regards,

Mary

former_member209335
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mary,

Yes,  Exactly I am looking for this link only. Many thanks for your kind information. This is really helpful for my project.

I appreciate your output Mary

Edward Stephen

cindy_holden1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Mary,

Thank you so much for sharing such great information on this module!

What i'm currently struggling with is how to possibly use a Business Partner object for external folk  that are not in the same SAP ERP system that we would use as the backend for EHSM?  I know we need to have basic PA and OM data for EHSM and i'm not sure if the BP object would work or just use another method?

If you have any experience on this to share i would really appreciate it!

thanks very much in advance.

Cindy Holden

former_member214272
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Mary, for this valuable information.

Answers (0)