cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query Panel not opening in WebI on BEx query

RafkeMagic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We're working with an Embedded Analytics scenario where we call a WebI based on a BEx query (on a Transient Provider) via OpenDocument url in a NWBC Side Panel. Lots of different technologies, I know.

So, we have a "simple" InfoSet on ECC (created via SQ02 as an ABAP program sending results to a structure). This InfoSet has been released for BI, meaning that we can "approach" it via BI tools and thus becomes a so-called "Transient Provider" (or analytical index depending on which documentation you read).

Next we defined a BEx query on top of that Transient InfoProvider. It merely shows 4 key figures for 1 variable (on shipment number).

On top of that BEx query I have made a WebI report.

So far, so good. This all (finally) works fine in our DEV environment.

Upon setting up (transporting & manually activating where necessary) our Embedded Analytics scenario in QAS, we bumped into some issue. The (hopefully) last one standing is: we cannot create a WebI on our BEx query in QAS. Since we only have 1 BO system (ECC has the normal 3-tier layout), we decided to recreate the WebI (it's a very basic one anyways - for now that is). When we try to create a new Document (on the BEx connection), we can select our BEx query, but then... nothing happens. In the "overview" of BEx based reports we now have an "empty" entry with a time stamp.

I have found a few posts here describing similar behavior, but they were all for a "traditional" scenario (BO on top of BW). We don't work with InfoObjects in our scenario (they're just ECC fields), so we don't have hierarchies which could explain (super) long waiting times. I have already changed my variable from mandatory to optional, but that doesn't seem to change anything.

Next I added a default value to my variable, doesn't seem to help either.

The query runs fine in RSRT even with ABAP BICS as display. In the latter, when I try to "select" a value for shipment via the drop-down (F4), I do get a short dump

16.05.201411:43:30UNCAUGHT_EXCEPTIONCX_BICS_INITIALIZE_FAILED

Upon checking in the Service Marketplace it seems the issue should be solved for our (Embedded) BW system.

We're on:

• ERP 6.0 Enhancement Package 6
  • (Embedded) BW 7.31 SP06
  • (BI Content 747 & BI Content Extension 747)
  • (SAP Business Suite Foundation - 731 SP06)
  • BO 4.0 SP7 Patch4 (14.0.7 Build 1243)

Does anyone have any clue or suggestions?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

CarlyThomas
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Raf,

Unfortunately, I don't have much of a clue since I'm pretty weak on the BW side of WebI.  But what point of your workflow does the error occur?

I see quite a few SAP Notes that are BW only related regarding "CX_BICS_INITIALIZE_FAILED", but nothing for WebI.

I see the query doesn't run when you select the query - is it hanging?  Or do you receive an error?  I'd recommend tracing the WebI Processing Serve rand the Adaptive Processing Server that hosts DSL and see if there is anything useful reported in the trace logs.

I hope that's a little help.

Carly

RafkeMagic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Carly,

thanks for your suggestion.

I actually search for notes, but found non relevant for our system. The BW notes can actually be implemented as there is an "embedded" BW server, but it's release seems to be high enough.

I don't think the query is "hanging". The "loading" popup stops after a few minutes and then simply shows the "empty" entry with an updated timestamp under BEx documents. We don't receive any errors.

Not too familiar with "tracing" within BO, but I'll give it a try (after doing some research and consulting some (ex-)colleagues). I have asked to "update" our front end tools too, as we're rather "low" (and have some Dashboard issues as well). So, since it's already (late) Friday afternoon here, I might just wait on that update (almost time to start my weekend).

Cheers,

Raf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raf

I am also facing same issue. When i select a Bex based query, the query panel does not comes up nor it throws any error. It just shows processing circle for few moments and nothing happens after that. Kindly let me know if you managed to resolve this issue ?

Thanks

Dwaraka

RafkeMagic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm not sure we ever solved this... the project was put in "the freezer" for now (because of too many issues). We did do an (minor) upgrade of our BO patch level (to BO4.0 SP7 Patch10 if I recall correctly) and I do recall having a Webi running in our QAS environment.

For quite some other issues (non Embedded Analytics related) we'll need to upgrade once more, so most likely we'll move to 4.1 SP03 in the (hopefully very) near future.