cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete obsolete combinations in /SAPAPO/MC62 - how to use?

harald_leissl
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello SAP-experts,

We are using SAP APO Demand planning SAP SCM 7.0 with SP 15 for most of components.

I have some questions related to the button "delete obsolete combinations" in TA /SAPAPO/MC62. We want to use option "list combinations without planning data" to reduce CVC's quantity. What I have read it checks for CVC's without any entries at key figures. It sounds useful, but it doesn't seem to work in our company for some reason.

1. Where exactly does system check if there are key figures for the selected CVC's? In livecache directly? Or in an internal generated info cube for the planning area? Is it possible to view these key figures (on same base as done from system with option "list combinations without planning data") before using the deletion? Is there a report / table to do so? What's the best practise for this check (maybe on daily base)?

2. I have (some) CVC's without any key figure filled (for my opinion...). At the moment I check this with an info cube used for daily backup (means I see always the data from last night and I know that noone changed data because of blocked planning access). But it isn't found with "list combinations without planning data". When displaying the data in this backup-cube all key figures are shown as zero (the one which are shown for deletion and in same way the cvc's which are not shown). In the key figure settings "differentiation between zero and initial value" is not marked... I think this is correct, but maybe I have a misunderstanding here... any ideas about this setting? I don't believe this setting is wrong, because it shows me some CVC's to be deleted, but some of them are not shown (the setting should work for all cvc's in same way...?).

All ideas are most welcome, thank you all in advance!

Best regards

Harald Leissl

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harald,

We have chosen a different path to find obsolete CVCs.

We created a alert macro which looks for zero values in certain time ranges for our key figures. We then use the output in a bespoke built ABAP tool to delete the CVCs.

Have you found the standard tool effective?

harald_leissl
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Ali,

thank you for your reply!

My plan was to use standard tool, because it's available since some releases. I don't prefer to implement own programming instead of using an existing tool (talking about the built ABAP tool, the idea with alert makro sounds good).

Is the standard tool effective??? Good question. We talk about 2 steps.

If the mentioned function "delete obsolete" would work like designed (maybe it does, but I don't understand how...) it would do 2 steps combined:

- find out obsolete CVC's (your alert makro)

- delete obsolete CVC's (your ABAP tool)

Combining these 2 steps would be really effective, but it doesn't work for some reason. My estimation is that standard is not effective, because complete process of deletions of CVC's is very slow and causes sometimes performance trouble.

But this is the reason why I search for a standard tool to run periodically (maybe each week) for a check of "old" CVC's. I think our problem of slow running deletions is caused by too many CVC's in an planning object structure (together with the fact that our CVC's have a lot of key figures / characteristics).

To be honest my main task is to find the best possibility to delete a list of completely different CVC's (no unique selection possible). I tested a lot of things found in SCN (realignment, background deletion,...), but all the solutions have s lack in performance (at least in our system...).

Regards

Harald

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harald,

We are currently in the process of a project go live to implement our custom
deletion tool.

I will keep you updated with our progress if you like?

Just to give you an idea of the size of our structure, we currently have
over 230k CVCs. This has increased over 110k in 18 months since go live.

Kind Regards,

Ali

harald_leissl
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Ali,

yes, if possible please keep me updated. Thx for the offer.

The most interesting thing to know for me is: Has your deletion step (not the determination of invalid cvc's) in your selfmade programme a better performance compared to the standard deletion possibilites of sapapo/mc62? Because deletion seems always to be slowly in this transaction, not depending on the option we are using.

We have round about 150k cvc's with (round about) 10 characteristics and 20 key figures in it.

Best regards

Harald

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harald,

We've now started some deletions in our live environment.

On average, it takes 3 seconds to delete one CVC using our bespoke program.

When completing the determination and deletion together, it takes 6 seconds
per CVC.

How long does the standard tool take to deletion one CVC?

Regards,

Ali

Answers (0)