cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI 7.30 Message Mapping with MsgSplit error Split mapping created no messages, cannot proceed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi @all,

I am working on a scenario to split one soruce message with several items to 0..n message for the same receiver.

Therefore the occurrency of target message (signature in MM) have been adjusted.

Not all items are forwarded to receiver, only if the content meets some rules the item should be forwarded.

It could be that no item of the source message meet these rules and therefore no target message at all should be created.

During test of this case I am facing following error in RWB, scenario is setup as integrated configuration.

MappingException: Split mapping created no messages, cannot proceed. Review your mapping setup: splitting to 0 messages is not allowed.

As the occurrency of the target message is 0..n, 0 should be also valid and there should be no error in this case, just stop processing like if there is no receiver in receiver determination step (mode IGNORE)

Otherwise this will end up in lots of error messages which have to be analyzed and canceled manually which is quite time consuming.

Maybe someone faced the same issue and found a solution to get rid of this error message.

Best regards

Jochen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jochen,

Please provide a brief of the kind of routing rules you wish to set up. You should be able to make use of Receiver Rule or Standard receiver determination.

Regards,

Sriram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram

unfortunately the rules are not implemented by myself but by a colleague and not quite well documented, therefore I am not able to provide infos on a short hand.

But one main issue is that value mapping is included in this rule and for my opinion it would not be possible to access value mapping within normal XPATH rules.

Operation mapping is not an option due to the demand of stay with integrated configuration.

For this reason I think of adding a second optional interface 0..1 and use this in case there is no item to be forwarded.

I think this will be most cost-effective solution to prevent this error message.

Thanks for your help and input

best regards

Jochen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jochen,

Please checking your routing rules once. Could you provide a little more detail surrounding this

Regards,

Sriram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Somil,

hi Sriram,

thanks for your response.

In my scenario there also multiple receiver applications receiving data from one single sender application. We are using PI 7.30 dual stack and major goal is to setup all scenario as integrated configurations to have java only processing. One reason for this setup is that the main support user do not have extensive PI knowledge so far and we want to keep it as simple as possible and therefore do not want them to care about the abap stack as much as possible.

Unfortunately migration to java only is not possible yet.

In this release extended receiver determination using operation mapping is not supported in integrated configuration.

There is quite complex rules to check if an item should be forward or not including lots of fields and also value mapping, so it would be quite difficult/impossible to write XPATH expression to have the same check during receiver determination step.

One workaround could be creating a dummy message in case of no item to be forward and root this message to different place (local file which is always to be overwritten)

Are there any alternatives/workarounds?

Best regards

Jochen

Message was edited by: Jochen Gugel

somil_gulati
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jochen,

Does your source file contain the below tags ?

<ns0:Messages xmlns:ns0="http://sap.com/xi/XI/SplitAndMerge">

<ns0:Message1>

</ns0:Message1>

</ns0:Messages>

If yes , please remove these tag from your source file and then process the file as these tags are automatically added at runtime and need not to be added in the file.

Regards,

Somil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Somil,

thanks for your reply.

I am aware of these elements. They are  not contained in the source file.

When removing the mapping rules so all items are forwarded to target the processing of the same source file is fine.

So the error only occurs if due to the rules no item is to be forward to the target, but as occurrency is defined as 0..n for me this is valid use case.

Any thoughts on that?

best regards

Jochen

somil_gulati
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jochen,

You should see the below thread and apply a condition in your RD as suggested in the thread.

Split mapping created no message-how to avoid r... | SCN

Regards,

Somil

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jochen,

I would suggest you to shift to java mapping. Message mapping by default will create the external structure

<ns0:Messages xmlns:ns0="http://sap.com/xi/XI/SplitAndMerge">

</ns0:Messages>

even if there are no child nodes to it. With Java mapping you can completely eliminate the output to be produced.

Regards

Anupam