cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOIS 4.2 Installation Architecture Query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We have requirement to Install BOIS.  However, we hearing different opinions on pro's and con's for each Scenario. Would like to hear from experts through this forum on the best sceanrio approach.

Below are the details for your reference

Background:-

ü  Recommendation for Landscape is

o   Server 1:- BO

o   Server 2:- BODS and BOIS

o   Tomcat – Server 3

ü  What happened during BODS Installation

ü  Due to BO pre-requisite dependency for BODS, we installed few BODS components like  APS services in server 1  and using custom and expand installed BODS on Server 2

Problem Statement

ü  Now for installing BOIS we are facing following issue

o   In  Server 1:- Need to scale the BODS with Job Server then only BOIS Pre-requisite will be satisfied

o   In Server 2:- Need to Scale with mandatory components of BO for BOIS Installation Pre-requisite

Solution Approach

ü  We have following possibilities

o   Scenario 1:-

§  Scale Server 1 by modifying BODS installation with Job Server component

§  Install full BOIS

o   Scenario II :-

§  Scale Server 1 by modifying BODS installation with Job Server component

§  Scale Server 2 by installing BO mandatory components for BOIS to recognize like APS

§  Install  few components of BOIS (except Data Cleansing) in Server 1

§  Install BOIS Data Cleansing in Server 2

o   Scenario III

§  Scale Server 2 by custom/expand BO with requires Services so that it refers to Server 1 BO CMS

§  Install BOIS

Question

Our preference approach is Scenario III and would like to understand what components of BO considered for Custom/expand installation. Added would also like to understand any risk/impact on BODS/BOIS with the Scenario III approach

Request your feedback,  Thanks in advance, Venkata Kali Akella

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I passed this milestone by installing APS, AJS, Connectivity Services, Database Access.

However, During installation of BOIS with DB2v10 as repository database hosted on AIX. Installer is throwing an error "Invalid Information Steward repository creation information".

I understand there is a bug in installation BO with DB2 as repository database, for  which as a workaround we installed BO with default database and post installation we repointed to DB2.

The question here is, does BOIS has the similar limitation. If so, if i go with SQL Anywhere as respository database how to repoint BOIS repository to DB2.

Thanks in advance

With Regards

Venkata Kali Akella

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkata,

SAP supports DB2 database for Information Steward repository, you can go with DB2 database.

We have a tool called ISRepositoryUtility, which will help you to create / upgrade IS repository and point IS application to that repository. For creation and required parameters, see the IS Admin guide under section 5.5.

Thanks,

Ramakrishna Kamurthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramakrishna Kamurthy,

Thanks for your lead in this regard.  We proceeded in the same way but there seems some issue with Repository creation with DB2.  We raised a OSS message with sap which is now looked upon by development team. I will update the forum as i hear on the same.

With Regards

Venkata Kali Akella

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Readers,

For DB2 we have to ensure following settings are performed

1) CODESET UTF-8  pagesize 32 K

2) create a new Buffer Pool with page size 32K and assign it to default buffer pool

3) <INSTALL_ROOT>\InformationSteward\MM\config

edit InstallUtility.properties

add the following parameter at the end of this file

maxArrayBindingBatchSize=500

By taking above measures try to recreate repository by following command

ISRepositoryUtility create boePassword "myPass1" password "myPass2"

-o true

With Regards

Venkata Kali Akella

Answers (0)