cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post rent accounts to three different vendor reconciliation accounts

Former Member
0 Kudos
Hi Experts
Currently I'm working for SAP Real Estate Implementation for a retail client.
As per the commercial lease-in  business processes-
BP is linked to a vendor & for this vendor 3 different reconciliation accounts needs to be maintained:
Reconciliation a/c 'X': for advance rent settlement
Reconciliation a/c 'Y': for security deposit settlement
Reconciliation a/c 'Z': Fixed Rent/ Sales Based Rent Settlement
So when I'm creating Business Partner (BP) in the foreground, vendor (with 3 different reconciliation accounts) will be created automatically.
Is there any configuration available (using t-code: RECACUST) which i can set to create BP in foreground & vendor with 3 different reconciliation accounts is created in the background?
Also I wish to know, if this possible, when I'll be posting rental conditions (for advance rent, security deposit & fixed rent or sales based rent) how will system determine which vendor reconciliation account will be credited amongst all the 3 reconciliation accounts (if maintained in vendor master)?
The different rental accounting entries which will be generated in each of the 3 different rents are as follows:
Advance paid to vendor (at the time of new store opening): Rs 4,00,000 Lacs (for ex)
1) Accounting entries to be generated when advance rent condition is posted:
Header 1DrCr
Advance Rent400000
To Vendor A/c (post it to Reconciliation a/c 'X')360000
To TDS@ 10% on Advance rent a/c40000

2) Security Deposit paid to the vendor (at the time of new store opening): Rs 2,00,000 Lacs (for ex)
Accounting entries to be generated when  security deposit rent is posted:
Header 1DrCr
Security Deposit200000
To Vendor A/c (post it to Reconciliation A/c 'Y')200000
3) Fixed Rent/ Sales Based Rent Settlement paid to the vendor (normal monthly conditions): 40,000 per month (for ex)
Header 1DrCr
Rent A/c40000
To Vendor A/c (post it to Reconciliation a/c 'Z')35056
To input tax@12.36%4944
Can this scenario be built in SAP RE-Fx module?
Experts replies to this query will be deeply appreciated as this is causing a showstopper in the implementation project.
Thanks
Shantanu Kar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shantanu,

Yes this scenario can be built with RE-FX.

What you need to do is these following steps :

Create 3 BPs with different recon account in foreground, which in turn will create 3 vendors respectively in background.The standard config is available in RECACUST which creates Vendor automatically when BP is created condition that all the mandatory details required in Vendor master are updated in your BP master.

Now in Contract master data you need to assign these 3 BPs in Partner data.Create 3 Posting Parameters with different BPs assigned respectively.

Create these three conditions and in term tab of condition, use respective Posting Parameter.

So when you post the conditions, respective Recon accounts will get hit.

Hope it helps you!

Regards,

Siddharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddharth,

This solution I've already proposed to the client. But the client requirement is to maintain only one BP- Vendor combination in RE-Fx.

The client doesn't want to maintain 3 different vendors just because 3 different Reconciliation account is required to be captured for 3 different rents to be posted.

The client wants 3 different reconciliation accounts for single BP-vendor combination. Is that possible in SAP RE-Fx module?

Thanks

Shantanu Kar

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

It can be possible too.There can be a solution to assign different account symbols which will be replaced by respective recon accounts ultimately.These account symbols will be mapped with these three conditions configured.For this case whenever you use these three condition everytime particular amount of a particular condition will be posted to this configured recon account.There will be no amount posted to recon account maintained in BP-Vendor. The amount will be posted to the recon accounts configured against these three conditions.Will your business support this config?

Other solution can be creating two conditions of every case i.e. total six.

Case-1

Accounting entries to be generated when advance rent condition No.1 is posted:

Header 1DrCr
Advance Rent400000
To Vendor A/c with Special GL Indicator say A360000
To TDS@ 10% on Advance rent a/c40000

Accounting entries to be generated when advance rent condition No.2 is posted:

Header 1DrCr
Vendor A/c with Special GL Indicator A360000
Recon A/c X'360000

Case-2

Accounting entries to be generated when  security deposit rent Condition No.-1 is posted:

Header 1DrCr
Security Deposit200000
To Vendor A/c with Special GL Indicator say B200000

Accounting entries to be generated when  security deposit rent Condition No.-2 is posted:

Header 1DrCr
Vendor A/c with Special GL indicator B200000
Recon A/c 'Y'200000

Case -3

Accounting entries to be generated when Fixed Rent/ Sales Based Rent Settlement condition No.-1 is posted :

Header 1DrCr
Rent A/c40000
To Vendor A/c with Special GL indicator say 'C'35056
To input tax@12.36%4944

Accounting entries to be generated when Fixed Rent/ Sales Based Rent Settlement condition No.-2 is posted :

Header 1DrCr
Vendor A/c with Special GL indicator say 'C'3506
Recon A/c 'Z'35056

Please note that for every case both the two condition needs to be posted every time for every case.

Hope it could help you!

Regards,

Siddharth Khandelwal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddharth,

I'm also trying to work out the solution proposed by you.

Let me test the same. I'll revert if any further issues are faced while configuring the same.

Thanks

Shantanu