cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Define rules for tables in personas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm having this strange issue in personas right now that is leaving curious for what is actually going wrong.

So I want to hide every row that is not having the "tick mark" in the box. See picture for personas rule that I have defined. A is the column with the tickable box.

Before i save the flavor it looks like personas is actually trying to do the rule that I have defined. The rows that don't have the tick mark is now grey.

But when I later save the flavor and opens up the table this happens. All the rows are now grey no matter what.

So the result is not very satisfying. And to top it off it looks like its working befor you save the flavor.

Anyone got any ideas on this one?

Best Regars,

Oskar Söderlund

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

former_member189842
Participant
0 Kudos

"Hide row" seems to be just "disable row". It won't really hiding the row. 

chinthan_yajamaan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, hide row only greys out the row to give user a visual indication that it cant be used.

former_member189842
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chinthan,

Thanks for the clarification. Can you also answer the second question in the thread. if a checkbox is to be tested if it is checked or unchecked, what is the correct test?

if A is Empty is not working (checked or checked it is always giving true)

if A is equal to True (when Checked) and if A is equal to False (when unchecked) is also not working

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let's keep the discussion of this issue in one place, over in this thread where you've already posted the same question:

Steve.

chinthan_yajamaan
Active Contributor
nmkarthikeya
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Oskar,

Please try using below script and let me know if it works for you.

Here I am just making the color of text and cell background same as the tables color.

This will make the row invisible, but the actual row will still be there.

Regards,

Karthikeya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhaskar,

Here is my screenshot. For your case, perhaps you should check your Personas role setting from the admin tool. You may not have the full editing right in your current role.

Hope this helps.

Dong

former_member189842
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Zhu.

I've admin_role. Should I also have another role? Also attached the screenshot of all available roles.

nmkarthikeya
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bhaskar,

Rules are there for the tables.

You have to double click on the left corner of the table to get them.

Regards,

Karthikeya

Former Member
0 Kudos

you should be able to do anything with admin role. To see the rule of table, goto Edit mode>double cilci the table >press 'plus sign'.

Dong

former_member189842
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks, that helped

former_member189842
Participant
0 Kudos

Is this in Personas 3? as I could not see Hide row in 2. also I could not see if A is empty kind of Script rule in personas 2. Please let me know

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oskar,

I would first isolate this into two things to study:

1. Does the "Hide row" rule work correctly without check box? - Find another table which does not contain the check box, but some elements. Then set a rule, eg, if value equals to xx, then "Hide rows".  Now check if the grey background works as it is supposed to be.

2. For the use of the ckeck box in table, is "is empty" the right condition that should be used? For a normal check box on UI, it would be "check" method which will sets the tick.

Would this help? Good luck,

Dong Zhu

erin_mogg
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Oskar,

I'm experiencing the same thing, trying to hide views in the material master.  I've set it so that the rows are "Hidden" in the actions, but I also am just getting a dark gray background for the row that is supposed to be hidden vs being displayed at all.

Were you able to resolve this issue - if so, how?

Thanks,

Erin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Erin,

Are all your rows getting dark grey background or just the ones you want to hide?

As for me I havent found a solid solution to this yet.

BR,

Oskar Söderlund

erin_mogg
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Oskar,

Only those rows that I want to hide are gray.  Maybe you could add some more tags to your original post such as "Personas" or "Screen Personas" - we might be able to get some better feedback that way.

Thanks,

Erin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anything?

BR,

Oskar

Mohanraj
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Oskar,