Did you mean: 

passing data values to all the view without inbound plugin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts ,

I am in a complex situation.

Scenario is as below.

I have 4 views say A, B, C, D

when user click Continue on view A he goes on B and so on... Most of the Context created are in COMPONENT CONTROLLER and is being used in Views .

This is already existing program.

Now   I have created a popup on view A which shows an TABLE with some entries if user selects a record and clicks ok we want all the views to have some values that this row contains.

For more explanation supoose B is having address then address from table row should be appear on view B when user clicks on continue button of  A.

STEP:

A user get popup, he selects a record and clicks on OK on popup , pop up closes and he is now on screen A, he clicks on continue button and B should have the address already filled with the selected row data.

How can we do that I dont want to disturb and uotbound plugin which is existing.

Thanks

Rahul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

As the context nodes of views are mapped from the component controller, you can set the data to the context nodes from any view and it reflects in all dependent views.

Example:

Let us say,

•    in view A, user gets a popup and use selects a record and clicks on Okay.
  • Now, user presses CONTINUE, here you need to read the data from the context node of POPUP window and set the data to context node of VIEW B & so... on
    • Read the context node of popup window
    • Read the context node of view b, c, d, ....
    • Now, set the data from popup window to the context nodes of view b, c, d

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Rama

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member211591
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

your popup window has to use the component-controller-node which B is using too. So map the B's component-controller-node to the context of your popup view and chang the values when user clicks OK.

BR

iSD

former_member222068
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Data can be shared between controllers using

1. Context

2. Controller Attributes

Context:

To share the data between different controllers of the component. Create a NODE( MATERIAL ) in the component controller and define context mapping with views, where data needs to be shared.

Controller Attribute:

Define ATTRIBUTE( Materials ) in the component controller--> Attributes tab. set the data selected record to the attriibute of the component controller and read the data, in the respective controllers.

Thanks & Regards,

Sankar Gelivi