cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing PR00 value with Header condition type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

Before i proceed with my question, i would like to point out that i have searched

the web and not been able to find anywhere, this question being addressed.

Question:

Is there a header condition type which can be used to trigger

an increase or decrease (by percentage or fixed amount) to the value of a condition type

like PR00 (which is at item level) in a sales document.

Your response will be highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Ahm.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahm,

You can use formulas to set PR00 value even based on another condition type, although normally we add a condition type to increase or decrease not the value of PR00 but a value in invoice layout.

One such condition type could be RA00.

The invoice smartform might have to be changed.

regards

Edgar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I actually tried applying a formula to PR00 in pricing procedure, but the field keeps coming up blank (no price) in the document. I think using a formula should solve the problem if it works, but they seem to work only with subtotals.

Thanks a lot for your response, Edgar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ahm,

Formulas do work with condition types, but PR00 has an access sequence so it can be done but it's not that linear.

In my personal experience the best approach is to use PR00 normally followed by a discount condition. This discount condition will have a formula based on the header discount condition value. The header discount condition is statistical only. The base price will be the sum of both values that can be recorded in a subtotal. *I had a few details to add since not all solution was clear *.

regards,

Edgar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your quick reply Edgar.

If i take this approach, does that mean the header condition and new subtotal field

will have to be assigned to the subsequent document type (sales order) for copy control to be successful?

*this requirement is meant for quotation document.

Thanks.

Ahmed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think you'd normally need to do anything since they should use the same pricing schema and copy control normally copies the conditions in quotation...

*Friday, my brain is totally fried... anyway, test with condition type HA00.*

Former Member
0 Kudos

Edgar,

Well, my clients already have sales order implemented in the system

before quotation which i'm working on right now. Maintaining the same pricing structure

will not be possible (i agree it should be the same),

but their pricing structure for quotes is way more complex than that of sales orders, which looks

standard and straightforward.

Hence, my preference to automatically changing PR00 value rather than adding new subtotal fields

or condition types, but i take your suggestions on board.

Lol, I will test it.

Thanks a lot, Edgar.

Ahmed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Edgar,

" You can use formulas to set PR00 value even based on another condition type".

Can you please expatiate on this?

Thanks

Ahmed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahm,

Did you check the standard available condition in your SAP system. We can use HA00 or HB00 (discounts), HD00 (surcharge) as header level conditions.

Kindly refer to below link for more details:

Header and Item Conditions - Pricing and Conditions (SD-BF-PR) - SAP Library

Regards,

Satya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Satya,

Thanks for the response.

From what i've seen these header conditions will only add a new line to every line item displaying

the values PR00 will be increased or reduced by. My clients want the value of PR00 to automatically

change on every line item, once a percentage is entered at the header level.

Thanks.

Ahmed.