cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Costing Variant for Product Cost Collector

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All Experts,

We have scenario where we were using "Production Order" for some time and now decided to use "Product Cost Collector". For production order we configured costing variant which worked fine till time, as now we are switching to PCC ( Product Cost Collector ), I want to assign the costing variant which was used for production order, but I am not able to view it in F4 not sure why ?

I can see PPP1 and PREM as an assignment in cost collector. is there any problem in my understanding that PCC needs to have a different cost collector or any configuration is missing ? This issue came up when we tried to run "Costing" ( Costing button in PCC not CK11N ) for PCC it showed a "Zero" values in "Target Cost" field. When I checked I saw two different "Costing Variants" in PCC.

Experts guidance will be great on this.

Regards,

Sharvari Joshi.  

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

First of all Thank you Ajay Sir and Jose for highly easy understanding and explantive replies.

I tried defining new Costing Variant and wanted to maintain "01 - Standard Price" on "Price Update" Tab. When I am maintaining the same I am getting below error :

I checked other variants where "01 Standard Price" update is allowed. I am not sure why system is not allowing me to save this entry.

Regards,

Sharu...

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sharu

You are experimenting too much 😉

This CV is not meant for standard costing. Hence you can't select 01 there. You don't need to define new costing type. Just use whatever is used by PREM

What matters to you is valuation variant. So define it as you want and assign in your costing variant

Br. Ajay M

jose_reddy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sharvari Joshi,

Ajay sir is exactly right as it leads to much confusion if you dig further. So use standard to copy and create new costing variant.

Please don't touch unwanted areas much....

But considering your interest I am giving explanation for your query......

price update 01 (standard price) is applicable only for costing type 01 (standard cost estimate-mat) especially when the valuation view is legal view. (This is made allowed only for this costing type). Thats why eventhough we create our own costing variant for standard cost estimation, we have to use costing type 01 only (for legal valuation view).

@ Ajay sir:

Please correct me if am wrong...

Regards....

Jose

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ajay Sir / All Experts,

Could you please give me understanding on "PREM" is not meant for Standard Costing ? Does that mean "Repetitive Manufacturing" materials will not costed via CK11N ?

or is it problem with my understanding ? I gone through many threads on SDN and got to know that there is one T.code needs to be run is MF30. I am really not suer about why this T.codes to be required to run. As I have worked on Discrete scenario I am aware about CK11N.

Guidance on this will be very helpful.

Regards,

Sharu.

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sharu

Rep mfg follow same process as discrete

Discrete uses PPP1 CV in production orders. But you don't calculate CK11N using PPP1.

Standard costing is done using a separate CV that has costing type 01

Preliminary costing is done using PPP1 and PREM. Prel costing means calculating planned cost in a  prod order

Both are separate. Each costing uses a different costing type. Hope its clear

Regards

Ajay M

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sharu

I was outside for some work and hence could not type much from my mobile

Discrete: CK11N for a material -> CO01 - > GR from Prod order

Repetitive: CK11N for a material -> KKF6N - > GR from PCC

In discrete, you create a production order for a fixed qty and close the prod order once the GR is done..

In repetitive, you create a cost collector once and that is never closed.

Planned cost in PCC is auto calculated when you create it from KKF6N.. You can also recalculate it from MF30

Planned cost in Prod order is auto calculated in CO01 / COR1 and you can recalculate it from CO02 / COR2, if need be

The entire process is same..

Just remember that Standard costing requires costing type 01 and planned cost calculation in PCC requires a different costing type

Hope it is clear now

Br. Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Smash it ...!!!

Thanks for clear understanding !!!

Regards,

Sharu...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jose,

Thank you very much for easy language guidance.... I appreciate your help.

Regards,

Sharu...

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sharvari,

We need to define another costing variant. As you said, PREM is the costing variant which will be used in product cost by period scenario. We must perform "Cost Accounting relevant rules" configuration step where we define our product cost collector, result analysis key etc. Do the standard cost run and then perform KKF6N and it must work. 

Regards,

Keshava Kumar.

jose_reddy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sharvari Joshi,

A) Correct

B) Need to create two

C) Yes, that is the right reason, we can find those costing variants here which are configured with costing type as 19 only (other costing types assigned costing variants we can't find here)

D) We can't change the costing type of any costing variant once we select costing type and valuation variant, press enter (not even saved) while configuring costing variant. It gets greyed out. So we need to create new costing variant with right costing type & valuation variant.

Note: both these costing type and valuation variant are not editable whereas others like qty structure variant, date control are editable

Regards...

Jose

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sharu

Costing variant for PCC is slightly different. You need to copy PREM and make a ZREM or name it as you like.

Ensure that you assign the same valuation variant to it as in prod order costing variant or ensure that valuation variant settings are same. That should suffice.

To be able to see target costs, you should have posted GR and std cost be released before GR

Br. Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All Experts,

Thank you Ajay Sir for reply.

A ) I am trying to define new Costing Variant for PCC here by following this path please let me know if this is the correct one:

SPRO --> Controlling --> Product Cost Controlling --> Cost Object Controlling --> Product Cost Collector --> Check Costing Variant for Product Cost Collector.

B ) When I go to Cost Collector I am able to see 2 fields for costing variants 1 ) Costing Variant for Actual Cost 2 ) Costing Variant Planned. Do I need to configure this twice I am bit confused here.

C ) I am able to see my customized CV and PREM via following above path but the same my CV is not able to view in "Costing Variant Planned" field in KKF6N on Data Tab . Is it because below reason in screenshot ? ----

"Product Cost Collector" selected against Costing Type. and my customized CV has "Production Order" ?

D ) If I want to change to costing type in my Costing Variant to product cost collector its greyed out and I am not able to change it. is it because it is assigned "Somewhere" and is in used  ?

Guidance will be very helpful on this !

Regards,

Sharu.

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sharu

A. Yes. Thats right

B. Yes. You will need 2 costing variants, 1 each for planned and actual

C and D. Go to Standard order type RM01. There you will see two costing variants, 1 each for planned and actual.

Just copy them and create a Z and assign in your order type. If the field for costing type is greyed, don't copy and create afresh as a New entry

Br. Ajay M

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sharu

for your convenience, the T code is OPL1

Under Option "Costing Variants to Determine Activity Quantities". click on New Entries and you can create a new one similar to PREM

Under Option "Costing Variants for Valuation of Internal Activities", create a CV similar to PPP3

Valuation Variant is the Key.. you can have the sequence of prices as per your existing CV also

Br. Ajay M