Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variable qualification cannot be changed

former_member672670
Participant
0 Kudos

Hie Guys,

I am getting an error ("Variable qualification cannot be changed") when trying to change the qualification of a variable to dimension or detail. The formula for the variable is as follows.

Variable = If(Sum((Measure 1) + (Measure 2) )>0 )Then "Text 1" Else "Text 2"

I am trying to use the variable as a drill filter. When I use it as a column in the report, then it displays correct output.

Could anyone please help resolve the issue? Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

former_member672670
Participant
0 Kudos

I created detail variables for the 2 measure (Number) objects from Query 1. Then, I created my filter variable -

If(Sum(detail variable 1 + detail variable 2)> 0) Then "text 1" else "text 2". This worked for me when I used it as a drill filter. I shouldn't have to create detail variables for measure objects, but I am not sure why it didn't work earlier. Anyways, thanks for your input guys.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jeewan,

You cannot change the qualification of the variable. (For example, you cannot change a measure to a dimension if its definition includes an aggregate.)

Create a new variable with the appropriate qualification.

Regards,

Ritika Garg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeewan Pandey,

At Universe level, for Measure 1 and Measure 2 objects select Projection functiona as SUM.

Save and Export.

Now, In Web I create a variable

= If ([Measure 1] + [Measure 2] >0 ) Then "Text 1" Else "Text 2". // qualification is Dimension and don't take sum([Measure 1] + [Measure 2]).

Drag this in the filter bar. It will works without any error. As Web I does allow to place measure objects in drill-filter.

former_member672670
Participant
0 Kudos

At Universe level, the project for both measure objects is Sum. But, it did not work for me. There is also another data source from a different class in the Webi report, so I have merged the common dimension from both classes. However, when I use your formula using just one data source, I get the results.

former_member672670
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, the variable is a measure as well. But, you cannot use a measure as a drill filter right? Any other way to use it as a drill filter?

arijit_das
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As you have used Sum in the formula, the variable must be a measure. The same is true for any other aggregation function too.

nscheaffer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try creating a new variable as dimension or detail rather than trying to change an existing variable.  Does that work?

Noel

former_member672670
Participant
0 Kudos

That is what i did and it's not working when i use it as a drill filter or input control. It only works if i use it as a column in the report. But, i want to use it as a drill filter.