cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Role import error: Methodology not defined

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am trying to configure a test system GRC and it is connected to one ECC system AD1 via connector. I was trying to import roles and having done that, I got the following error screenshot after running the job. Please help me in this. I am a newbie and started learning it recently

Please let me know in case of any questions on this.

Thanks in advance,

Regards

Shruti

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor

Hi Shruti

Have you configured your role methodology in the IMG?

Regards

Colleen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Colleen,

Thanks for your prompt help. I have configured these two parameters as of now. Please let me know what have I missed.

Regards

Shruti

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

HI Shruti

Those are configuration parameters but there is other configuration to under Governance, Risk and Compliance > Access Control > Role Management

You need to define role types and the methodology. If you are doing the same steps for all roles there is not need to do condition group and brf+ rule. You can choose what steps are activated, etc.

Have a search and read on this topic to get started. If you have been on GRC300 training the steps are outlined in the course guide

Regards

Colleen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Colleen,

Thanks much for guidance. I am doing this by referring to GRC 300 book. Will read more on this.

Need to explore more on what values to fit in the mentioned nodes.

Thanks again,

Regards,

Shruti

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Shruti

Great - work through the guide to configure it and then go to BRM screen in NWBC to try to create a test role. You will then be able to see what your configuration impacting

Some of what you configure can be included in your configuration parameters for defaults. If you go to sap marketplace for installation guides you will find a really detailed configuration parameter guide that explains what values are needed (I'm referring to the screen shot you sent)

Once you have it figured out then import your roles

Regards

Colleen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Colleen,

I think I stepped ahead without configuring many things in between. Now doing everything step by step as mentioned in the book, and with great help n support from you and everyone in the community, I look forward to learn a lot and share the same with everyone going forward.

Regards,

Shruti

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

That's great Shruti and welcome to the GRC community

if your issue is resolved please mark the question as answered

Regards

Colleen

Answers (0)