Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI 7.11 migrate to PI 7.31

HammerM
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi forum members

Apologies in advance if this question has already been asked / answered.....

We are migrating from PI 7.11 to PI 7.31 (both systems are dual ABAP+JAVA stack). We are installing a new 7.31 three system landscape (DEV/TEST/LIVE) alongside the existing 7.11 three system landscape.

Please can you advise on the best practice process we should use to migrate our scenarios from one system to the other. I assume the basic process will be migrate from 7.11 DEV to 7.31 DEV and then move them through the 7.31 landscape in the normal way.

But please can you possibly advise in more detail on the best practice method(s) we should use?

Thanks in advance

Mark

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mark,

there is a lot of good advice around. I'd just particularly point out that you transport your SLD first in order to avoid inconsistencies later on. This is something a client missed and it took some time to correct it.

Otherwise, you can migrate one to one, except ccBPMs. Use the opportunity for some performance improvements or other PI-internal optimisation, as suggested. It is a pretty smooth migration, I haven't experienced any major problem in up to now two migrations of this kind.

Regards,

Jörg

former_member183953
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jörg,

Would you mind provide some link/document for transporting/migrating SLD from 7.11 to 7.31 or 7.4?

Thanks

Vik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mark,

As I understand, you are moving to 7.31 Dual stack from 7.11 Dual stack. In this case you should be able to make use of all the adapters as-is in 7.31 in case you want to retain them. This includes WS adapter which works fine with Dual stack for PI 7.31. It wont work for Lone Java PO 7.4.

Ideally ESR should be transported from your 7.11 system to 7.31 ESR. Care should be taken for usage of any standard content which will have to be managed accordingly. Also there are issues with certain standard mapping functions observed during these upgrades, so please check accordingly.

ID can be transported from Dev 7.11 to Dev 7.31. You may use ID mIgration toolkit if you want to shift to ICO. However please note that this works with PI 7.11 as source and not PI 7.10

Regards,

Sriram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mark,

I don't think u will find any specific guide for PI7.1 to PI7.31 dual stack migration, but having said so

u can check below link.

Migration of ESR objects is pretty simple but u have to be extra attentive while doing ID migration

This guide is for AEX, but still it will give u an idea....

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d0c92caf-3e44-2f10-169c-838b94d6f...

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>>I assume the basic process will be migrate from 7.11 DEV to 7.31 DEV and then move them through the 7.31 landscape in the normal way

Yes. We should follow the above process as in the newer version you can make use of the Integrated configurations.

Except the WS adapter, i think all you scenarios can be converted into ICo's.

However as you are migrating(not an upgrade), you can make use of the below tool using which your classical scenario's can be converted into Integrated configurations.

Compare to the classical scenarios, ICo's can improve the performance by 4 times approx

P.S Don't look at the title of the blog.. seems like it supports from dual stack-dual stack migrations as well.