cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP - SCM APO Heuristics

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All mates!!!

I am dealing a problem in APO, actually I am a very beginner in this system so I would appreciate be very thankful for any help and tips you could give me :O)

The user is saying that to run the Heuristic there are two planning books called Display 1 and Display 2. In both, the backorders are considered and when executed all the plan goes perfectly, I mean, the calculation is done for all the period that has any forecast plan sales and production.

In the other hand, for one Planning Book called Display 3 the calculation cannot reach all the period that has plan, so in this particular Planning Book the calculation is not done for all the forecast and reach only a few moths ahead instead the whole year that has data as it should do.

Can you help me with this??

I would appreciate any help or tip to solve this problem.

Thanks a Lot in advance and BEST REGARDS!!!

Ricardo

Sao Paulo - Brazil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Ricardo,

Display1 and 2 look fairly simple. Just execute the Heuristic. Display3, if I understand properly, you are trying to restrict by time or forecast. Unfortunately, Heuristic is an infinite based planning. It just takes demand and creates receipts. So, I am just thinking of making the data view so that it does not take the periods in which you don't want to plan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Visu, thanks a lot... well actually I am not trying to restrict the time I am trying to see the whole plan to the year and I don't know why APO is not showing the intire year like the others planning books.

I have compared those planning books but I couldn't find any diffence till now :O(

Thank you VERY much for your prompt answer.

:O)

Regards!

Ricardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

"I am trying to see the whole plan to the year"

The periods displayed in the planning book interactive screen depends on the Time bucket profile you provide in your data view. Try comparing both the data views for the TBP?

I am now a little confused. As Somanth asked, can you give us more details. What is your problem. I understand the first but not the second. You gave us the situation but not the problem clearly.

We may be able to help.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am very sorry guys about been a little confuse. <b>:O(</b>

I'll try to give as much detail as I have... all your answers is helping and I am very thankful for your all support.

We have 3 Planning Books running for some materials, two of them (Display 1 and 3) runs NOT considering backorder . The other (Display 2) runs considering the backorders.

What we are facing is that when we run the heuristics with the selection profile 1 or 3 it brings the calculation result of the planning for all the year as we have planned.

But If we run the Heuristics with the selection profile 2, which is the one that not consider backorder, although we have plan until December this year the Heuristics calculate only the next four months and a kind of ignore the plan for the rest of the year in the moment that it calculates.

It is not related with the material itself because we put the same material in different selection profiles and when the material was in the selection profile 1 or 3 we could see the results for all the year, in the other hand when we put the same material in the selection profile 2 the calculation for this material didn't consider the months ahead of July, and we have plan for this period.

And we have compared those profiles and we could not see any difference that could be related with this issue. :O(

I don't know if now is clearer what I am asking, but again.... THANKS A LOT!!!!

BEST REGARDS!!

Ricardo

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ricardo,

I am more confused now. Can you confirm your scenario as I have laid out below:

Planning Books - Display 1 & 3: does not have backorders (which keyfigure are you looking at?)

Planning Book - Display 2: considers backorders (which keyfigure - Sales Order?)

Running Heuristic

Selection Profile 1 or 3 - is this selection profile or the planning book as mentioned previously.

Selection Profile 2 - is this planning book or selection profile. If planning book then as per your explanation planning book considers backorders but now you mention it DOES NOT consider backorder.

If selection profile then how is backorder considered or not considered based on the selection profile. Do you have any setting for that?

But your last paragraph explains about Selection Profile only.

Are you saying the same product when part of one selection profile is planning only till July and not till December irrespective of the planning book you are using?

Thanks,

Somnath

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hola Ricardo,

You need to provide more details like what Heuristics (assuming this is SNP Heuristic - Product, Location, Network, Multilevel), the details of the planning books including periodicity and horizon, product master data details especially the SNP related horizons.

Also what is the difference in Display 3 planning book - are you planning a different location-product in there than Display 1 & 2 planning books.

Without these sort of details it would be anybody's guess to provide any solution.

Regards,

Somnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

MAke sure your planning book has the period up to 12 months and the forecast profile you have created for that planning cook contains the past and future period.