Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the Role of SAP PI in SAP SRM?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus

I'm from SAP-XI background.

In my project I need to create a scenario from SRM ---> PI/XI ---> MDM.

I'm having the below queries regarding this scenario.

1) Do I need to download the "XI CONTENT for SRM SERVER and import it into PI server.

2) If so what is the exact location in the service market place from which I can download

3) What are the steps that need to be done between SRM and PI and also in SLD so that data will be sent from SRM to PI.

Can anyone answer my queries.

Thanks and Regards,

Pruthvi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

suresh_murugan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Pruthvi,

Mentioned below are the list of output medium for SAP SRM.

1. Email.

2. Fax.

3. Print.

4. XML.

Whenever SRM want to send data to another system in XML format and if you are not using SOA then PI is very much required to transfer the XML data to the target system. When you integrate  SRM with ECC 6 EHP 4 or higher version then many documents are transmitted in XML format only and XML document is sent out of SRM using ABAP Proxy.

Since the XML data is sent out via ABAP proxy you have to import the integration objects for SAP SRM into SAP NetWeaver PI. you can find the same in the below location.

https://websmp103.sap-ag.de/~form/handler?_APP=00200682500000001943&_EVENT=DISPHIER&HEADER=N&FUNCTIO...

Steps involved :

1. Deploy the integration objects of SAP SRM into SAP NetWeaver PI.

2. Update the SLD with new business system data.

3. Check Active Process Integration in the transaction SPRO in SRM .

4. Go through the below steps :

1) One RFC of type H to point to PI with all the details.

2) Define the role of the business system in the server that you want to see(Sxmb_Adm)

3)Connection between Business System and System Landscape Directory.

3a)RFC destination LCRSAPRFC of type T for SLD connection.

3b)RFC destination SAPSLDAPI of type T for SLD connection.

4)Maintain the SAP J2EE Connection parameters for LCRSAPRFC and SAPSLDAPI in SAP J2EE      Engine

5)Maintain SLD access details in Transaction SLDAPICUST.

Please refer the section 1.3.1, 1.3.2, 1.3.3 and 1.3.4 in the document(as linked provided below)

SLDAPICUST should point to the SLD host server. If you have a central SLD installed on the Dev server, then it is ok that it is using the host and port of the Dev server.

PIAPPLUSER is the normal user that is used in trx SLDAPICUST (the user must have the role SAP_XI_APPL_SERV_USER).

'Lastly, will the gateway Server of SAPSLDAPI and LCRSAPRFC will be the same for both DEV and QAs systems in XI?'

5. Make the necessary confirmation in Integration directory for the relevant interfaces.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/70066f78-7794-2c10-2e8c-cb967cef4...

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e0ac1a33-debf-2c10-45bf-fb19f6e15...

Checking XI Settings - mySAP SRM: Basic Settings - SAP Library

Regards,

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pruthvi,

1) Yes. You will need to download XI content into the "Integration Design" part of XI

2) You will find the path in "Support and Packages" - Search for ESR and then search for XI Content

3) What you design in XI depends on the SCENARIO that is being implemented by the business you will find this in the marketplace documentation for SRM

OSS note 705541 should be a good starting point for you.

Further to question 3

You will have to confirm mappings in the sender and receiver part of the XI scenario

Setup the relevant IDoc exchange properly