Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NW CE 711 Startup Mode

cillian_cahill2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I've changed the startup mode of an application in the configtool->deploy->app->startUp= from "lazy" to "always".

I assumed after a system restart it would be active and the parameter would reflect "always" -> But it's not active and the parameter is still lazy. In the mean time the server has been restarted and this didn't have any positive impact...

Any suggestions? Am I missing something?

Regards,

Cillian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Cillian,

Kindly check the sapnote 1889376 - How to change the startup mode of applications for NetWeaver 7.1 and above.

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

cillian_cahill2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ashutosh,

The note details the same steps I have taken:

Launch the OfflineCFGEditor by executing offlinecfgeditor.bat/sh based on your OS -> Switch to edit mode -> Configurations -> deploy -> <vendor> -> <application name> -> double click on entry for StartUp="<mode>" -> set the proper startup mode you want to set -> save -> restart the whole system. <mode> can be manual, lazy or always.

| have switched it to "always" mode and restarted the system, but in NWA I can see it still seems to be set to lazy....

This is not an app we've developed - it's an app delivered by SAP "xapps~xmii~ctc".

Regards,

Cillian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cillian,

Looks like this problem is faced by other customers as well in past.

Please go through the below link where one of the reporters, says his issue was resolved after he uninstalled and re-installed the Java.

As far as I know what you are doing is correct. If it is not starting automatically, either you have to take the additional step of starting the service manually in NWA, everytime you recycle the system (which is not a convenient way), or you can open an incident to SAP asking for their advice, if the trick mentioned below does not work or someone has a real solution about this issue !!

sap.com/xapps~xmii~ear | SCN

Let me know if this helps. Thanks.

Regards,

Sujit Kumar Banerjee.

cillian_cahill2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sujit,

Thanks - that's certainly interesting, but as this is on 5 productive instances I don't think we can go for a re-install of java to resolve this.... At this point we do start the service manually, but it's annoying to do this all the time when it should be fixed with "always" in the start up mode.

Regards,

Cillian