cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help regarding Scheduling date calculation in APO using Condition Technique

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

The below is the issue I am facing. Could you please help me regarding this?

For a material MAT1, a stock of 15 is available today i.e. on 15/05/2014 and a Planned Order of 35 is available on 01/08/2014.  I have created a Sales Order of 50 today i.e. 15/05/2014 for this material with a RDD of 20/05/2014. I have maintained the LEAD and the TRAN times as 5 days and 10 days respectively. These are maintained for a particular Route. LOAD, PICK, and UNLD are 0. In the Location master, I haven't defined any Calendar. So, it has to consider all days as working without any holidays.

For the given RDD of 20/05/2014, system performs the backward scheduling and arrives at a past date of 05/05/2014(20/05/2014-5D-10D) for the MBDAT. Since this date is in the past, the system should set the MBDAT to the current system date i.e. 15/05/2014. Since PICK is 0, the Loading Date also should be 15/05/2014. Since LOAD is 0, the Goods Issue Date also should be 15/05/2014.  Since LEAD and TRAN are 5D and 10D, the Delivery Date should be 15/05/2014+5D+10D=30/05/2014.

But, in the Sales Order, I am getting a different date. For MBDAT, Loading Date, and Goods Issue date, the dates are 05/07/2014. Transportation Planning Date is 25/06/2014 and Delivery Date is 01.08.2014. During the GATP check, I am getting only a partial confirmation of 15 and the planned order of 35 is not being considered.

The material is APO relevant and the Scheduling using Condition Technique is being used.

Kindly help me regarding this and let me know if I am missing anything here.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Thanks & Regards,

Srikanth.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krovvi Sri,

I am getting only a partial confirmation of 15 and the planned order of 35 is not being considered.

Check your ATP check control if past receipts are considered or not in Receipts from Past in SPRO-->gATP--> Product Availability Check--> Maintain Check Control.

Check what categories are considered in Consider Confirmed Quantity of Receipts

Thanks,

Bala.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have checked all the above things mentioned by you. Everything is setup correctly. But, the issue still exists. Could you please let me know if any tables or any technical settings need to be analysed?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Thanks & Regards,

Srikanth.

frank_horlacher
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi krovvi sri,

I do not know why your system is not working as expexcted. But I can point you to our configuration guides of the

SAP Global ATP Check rapid-deployment solution.

http://scn.sap.com/rds-GATP

SAP Best Practices      Transportation and Shipment Scheduling for Global ATP (S66):
Configuration Guide 

S66: Transportation and Shipment Scheduling for Global ATP

You can compare your settings with the SAP Best Practices.

Frank

Parth_Soneji
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth

Looking at this information it looks weird. Can you check what is maintained in checking horizon in product master. Also check the checking horizon calendar time stream and see what are the working days. Also do a manual ATP check in the order and you will see a scheduling icon in this screen. Check the details there. Check the scheduling lines - Shipping for all the dates calculated after this check. This might give some more details for analysis.

Regards,

Parth Soneji

babu_kilari4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Srikanth,

Let us differentiate the problem into two pieces.

1) Incorrect Scheduling

2) Future receipts not being considered.

For the second problem, future reciepts not being considered, which is on 01/08/2014, please check if your system is allowing you to go further and do the confirmation. How long is your Checking Horizon ? Is your checking horizon configured enough to go ahead and pick this reciept element to give the confirmation by creating a second schedule line ?

For the first problem, LEAD to the best of my knowledge is transportation planning time which means, the MBDAT would be shifted to the extent of the LEAD time to be able to manage the truck though the stock is available today. However, the dates mentioned by you seems to be completely different. Hence, I suggest you to take the ATP check on this line item, go to Delivery proposal screen and click on the graphical representation of the Scheduling results. There you should be able to understand how the calculation is actually happening. Perhaps, there are some calendars that are being used which you'd not be knowing ? May be the condition record has different times maintained in the condition table ? Check the condition table that the system is picking up ? May be you have maintained the route and transportation scheduling in "X" condition table, however system was able to identify a different detailed level table which satisfied the condition and due to which system got the scheduling calculated accordingly ?

May be it is a good idea to investigate this way. Hope this helps.

Babu Kilari