cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide obsolete/unused BEx Queries in WebI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are developing WebI reports in an environment with thousands of BEx queries, and wondered if it is at all possible to hide those which are not ticked to 'Allow External Access' in the query?

Is there a setting anywhere, or is this a potential one of the Idea Space?

Thanks,

Chris

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sateesh_kumar1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

We'll only see Queries marked with External Access in BO environment.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sathish,

Are you saying that you can only see queries marked for external access in the WebI dialogue? If so, how did you do this?

Thanks,

Chris

sateesh_kumar1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes , when creating connection in IDT/UDT/CMC we'll see only BEx queries with External Access.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sathish,

I don't think that's the case - when creating an OLAP connection you can see every query created, as it's not contingent on the External Access permission. I am talking about the dialogue box in WebI when creating a WebI report and wanting to add a new datasource there.

Thanks,

Chris

sateesh_kumar1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

When creating webi we'll only see the OLAP connections/universes are created in the BO environment as data sources.

sorry for wrong info , we'll see only BEx queries with External Access when creating connection in UDT.Though we are able to create OLAP connection for the queries without external access we'll not be able to use that for reporting.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

I believe there was a command line switch that did the trick, but unfortunately I cannot find it anymore. Something similar to only-mdx-compliant=true, hope this helps anyone else come up with it.

Else of course, go ahead with the idea place.

Best regards,

Victor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

Thanks for the reply.

Do you mean a command line switch in one of the BI servers, and if so, which one? Presume the WebI Processing Server? We can test this out.

Thanks,

Chris

Former Member