Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

solution manager workcenter not working

nelson_chamba2
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all,

My system was working perfectly but sudenly i just can´t open my solman workcenter, when i push the tcode solman_workcenter it gives me this page.

O searched here on the forum and all the services are activated and the roles for the users running the transactions are also ok but still can´t work,

Please help.

Nelson Chamba\

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor

Maintain the hostname of the solution manager with the IP address in the hosts file of the system where you are running the Tx solman_workcenter.

Also if there are any hung (IE) sessions then terminate that from the task manager and relogin to the solution manager

Regards

RB

nelson_chamba2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Benjamin,

There is no IE session hanged, but just in case, I killed all the instances and reloaded the sapGUI but the problem still.

Regards,

NC\

former_member190691
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nelson,

Try adding the server in trusted sites of IE.

Regards.

Fernando.

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

What does the trace files in the work directory say ?

Check the dev_icm trace file

Regards

RB

nelson_chamba2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Fernando,

Done, but still. I´m not using IE but Firefox.

Best regards,

NC\

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

try with IE, instead of Firefox.

check the sap note

1996047 - Firefox Browser is having Issue in Visualization

Thanks

Jansi

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

tanmeya_mohan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nelson,

Check if the entry for the server is maintained in hosts file of the local PC on which you are launching transaction SOLMAN_WORKCENTER.

File name "hosts" usually at location "C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc"

Entry to be maintained as -

xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx     hostname.domain.com     hostname

10.11.12.13     mysapserver.mydomain.com.au     mysapserver

After this, quit all SAP GUI sessions & retry after logging in again. Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Tanmeya

nelson_chamba2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

It´s there, on my local machine and on the server (the solman box)

Regards,

NC\

tanmeya_mohan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nelson,

Can you try to launch transaction SOLMAN_WORKCENTER / SM_WORKCENTER with keeping Internet Explorer as your default browser?

Best Regards,

Tanmeya

former_member190691
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nelson,

In windows server check the "Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration" and select "off" for Administrators and users.

Regards.

Fernando

nelson_chamba2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Luis,

My IE ESC is like that on the sever

regards,

NC\

nelson_chamba2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

No changes

NC\

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI NC,

Please confirm are you able to ping IP of your solution manager server via FQDN on the client machine means complete resolvent of solution manager hostname .e.g as below : 

ping solman.domain.com   --> This command should resolve with IP of your Solution Manager.

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Gaurav

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nelson,

Just go to IE ---> Internet options --> Security --->Trusted sites ---> Sites and add FQDN under here and try to re execute the solman_workcenter tranx again.

Regards,

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nelson,

In addition to what Gaurav and Benjamin have suggested, you can also check if there is any firewall/network issue.

Do a telnet/tracert to the IP address of solution manager and ports in the services(32xx,80xx).

Regards,

Laxman

nelson_chamba2
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Gaddam,

The telnet to the solman box on the ports 3200 and 8000 is not responding. But the crm_ui transactions works fine, the http://sap1.xxxxxxx.xx.xx:8000/index.html also works fine just the workcenter is the one it´s giving me this bug.

The ITSM

Best regards,

NC

nelson_chamba2
Participant
0 Kudos

the ITSM crm_ui transactions is also working

Best regards,

NC\

nelson_chamba2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gaddam,

Here is the output of the telnet

Regards,

Nelson Chamba\

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nelson,

Have you maintained FQDN hostname in your hostfile.Try to maintain it first if not set & try again with re execution of tranx solman_workcenter.You can maintain FQDN with parameter  icm/host_name_full.

Regards,

Gaurav

nelson_chamba2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rana,

The FQDN is maintained on the hostfiles of the machines, the serve and the client where i´m running the transaction.

Regards,

NC\