cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS Reporting in whatever currency converted according to transaction currency

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

My customer would like to follow in PS report amount / values in a currency of his choice translated from the transaction currency.

On a same WBS, there are several posting for a same cost element and different currency.

Indeed, if I use an exchange rate and type from the CO area posting, there has already been a conversion from the transaction currency to the CO area currency which lead to inconsistences if the exchange type is not the same.

Of course it seems logical that all valyes are translated on a single date to be populated.

From our prospective we have the following cases :

• PS cost element report => Thanks to transaction RPP0 we are able to satisfy our customer requirement
  • PS hierarchical report => We do not find a work-around scenario. We are wondering if something would be possible through the transaction CJEC for currency translation key ?
  • PS summarized report by cost element => We do find a work-around scenario.
  • PS summarized hierarchical report => We do find a work-around scenario.

If we have to develop a new solution on those topics, do you think we have to make a full specific solution or should we use report painter / writer to adress this need. I am not sure it is even possible by report painter / writer.

Thanks for your feedback

Best Regards

Mathieu AZNAR

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mathieu,

Did you resolve your problem? I have the same problem in my current project.

Hope you can share what you came out with for solution.

Thank you,

Patricia.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patricia,

I didn't find any solutions for summarize and hierarchical report.

Yet I adress it thanks by creating new PS cost element report:

- you can customize your settings thanks to transaction RPP0 to convert values from transaction currency

- you create a new report painter where you define wbs and cost element in the lead column.

Let me know if you have any issues.

Best Regards

Mathieu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Mathieu,

Thank you so much for getting back to me here. I need the reports for budgeting, everything in this customer is controlled budget wise, and there is no cost element report for those... not that I know.

I guess I will have to solve my issue with Z report.

Any other idea will be so much appreciated.

Regards,

Patricia.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mathieu,

For PS hierarchical report you may configure CJEC and use the same in S_ALR_.... reports.Execute report e.g. S_ALR_87013558 and press Ctrl+Shift+F4 and enter currency and translation key which you have configured recently.

Else , you may go with report painter as Gokul has suggested above.

Regards

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

I agree, the response may be for hierarchical report on the function you mention. My question is to determine how to configure CJEC in order than the values are converted according to the transaction currency used. Do you have any ideas.

Best regards

Mathieu

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mathieu,

I did this with the help of FI consultant in my earlier project. from PS side I just gave the exchange rate type from budget profile (OPS9) and rest was done by FI guy. So, I would suggest you to discuss with your FI guy for more on it. He would surely help you with it.

Regards

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mathieu,

Assuming that i understood your requirement clearly, i believe you can achieve this using the Report Painter functionality.

Would be great if you could also give an example.

Regards,

Gokul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Goku,

Let me give you an example:

Let's say that the current exchange rate (rate M) is 1,3206 USD for 1 EUR.

My client has defined with all stakeholders on one of his project an exchange rate of 1,30 USD for 1 EUR. We have created this entry with an exchange rate type "PRJ" in OB08.

The aim is to get all PS report according to the exchange rate "PRJ" and values converted from the transaction currency (and not the CO area currency) of all posting.

Indeed, if I post 100 00 USD in transaction currency, it will give me an amount of 75 723,16 (=100 000 / 1,3206) in EURO according to rate M. And if I display a PS report (hierarchical or summarized one), it will convert my values according to CO area value and give me 99 955 USD which is not correct.

As we work in Engineering and Construction context, the values are in dozens of millions and those differences could be very important for their analysis.

I want to be able to convert all the values posted in project currency and converted from transaction currency used. It works in cost element report thanks to RPP0 transaction.

If you have an idea, please develop in details.

Best Regards

Mathieu