cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exception on execution of web service with WSDL URL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm trying to call a web service (on a Siebel system) with a web dynpro model. It works when I call it using the SAP web service test page, but I get the following error when trying to call it in my web dynpro app:

"Exception on execution of web service with WSDL URL 'C:\Russell\Downloads\Siebel\WSDLs\ServiceRequestList_DOC_Literal.wsdl' with operation 'ServiceRequestQueryPage' in interface 'Service_spcRequest'"

I have read the web service FAQ wiki, using it to enable tracing:

requestObject.wdSetInvocationLogEnabled(true);

outputting in logs:

requestObject.wdGetRequestLog();

requestObject.wdGetResponseLog();

requestObject.associatedModelClassInfo().getModelInfo().toString();

requestObject.toString()

The request log, and response log are both blank, the other two return context objects that look correct.

I've tried increasing log levels with visual admin, but can't seem to get any further information. I don't know which class generates this error either and that's what I'm working on now...

Does anyone have any idea what this error means, or what's causing it to fail?

Any help you can give would be very much appreciated!

Many thanks,

Russell.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Found it - stepping into the remoteObject.execute() call in debug mode, I eventually got to the class that throws the error (com.sap.tc.webdynpro.model.webservice.model.WSGenericModelClassExecutable). In the catch block of the operation invoke call, the actual error object is visible in the NWDS variables list - it was an XmlMarshallException:

"com.sap.engine.services.webservices.jaxrpc.exceptions.XmlMarshalException: XML Serialization Error. Property [LOVLanguageMode] of class [com.bp.models.siebel.servicerequest.ServiceRequestQueryPage_Input] must exist and can not be null. This is required by schema description."

So I hadn't populated a mandatory field in the xml!

Russell.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to put this code lines when u execute the ws model in your Web dynpro App

wdContext.currentNODEWS().modelObject().setInvokerProperty(javax.xml.rpc.Stub.USERNAME_PROPERTY, "USERNAME");

wdContext.currentNODEWS().modelObject().setInvokerProperty(javax.xml.rpc.Stub.PASSWORD_PROPERTY, "PASSWORD");

Carolina.