SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget carry forward to the extent of commitment

0 Kudos

Dear All,

We used FMJ2 to carry forward Purchase Orders from 2013 to 2014. After carry forward to the 2014, PO is consuming the 2014 budget. When we try to post actual expenditure then system is giving message as budget exceeded. When we check the report FMRP_RW_BUDCON by using the version 0, the output is budget and consumption was updated but the budget was not released. When we check the report by using the our own version, the output is only consumption and nothing updated against budget. In the FMBDT tables, the budget was updated with the version 0 only. We did the configuration for the budget carry forward to the extent of commitment only instead of carrying forward the residual budget. Please let me know the solution.

Example:  The PO worth of 2000 USD carried forward to 2014. In 2014, we uploaded budget against the same fund center with an amount of 3000 USD. When we try to post some expenditure worth of 1500 USD then system is giving budget exceeded error message because the carried forward PO consumed from current year budget 3000 USD and the balance available is 1000 USD only.

We are looking for the carried forward PO should consume from carried forward budget only.

Regards,

Sree

13 REPLIES 13

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to activate the flag for budget carry-forward with the commitment. IMG - Public Sector Management - Funds Management Government - Closing Operations - Closing Operations for Budget Control System (BCS)

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your response. We have already kept status as active under the setting referred by you.

Regards,

Sree

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

...and the budgetary documents are still not created? You should check, that budget carry-forward is well switched for value type of PO and that document settings for carry-forward are duly maintained.

0 Kudos

Hi,

The budget documents were created and also released automatically when I checked through the transaction code FMEDDW. The only difference is all these documents were created in version 0 instead of our own version created under FM area. For residual budget carry forward, we can keep version but for budget carry forward to the extent of commitment we didn't see the option of version.

Regards,

Sree

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Version 0 is the one, against which availability control works. So, there should be no problem... All other versions are OK for planning and managing budget, but AVC is defined against the active version.

Or do you have a special ledger defined in AVC, which would check the budget from non-active version?

0 Kudos

We have not defined any special ledger in AVC. Budget is being carry forward and released automatically but the only issue is consuming from 2014 budget instead of carry forward budget.

Regards,

Sree

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you don't have special AVC ledger, then standard ones check the budget against version 0. Check the settings in definition of consumable budget in AVC: which version is set there?

0 Kudos

Thanks for your response. Instead of using our FM Area version, if I use version 0 then system is working fine. So far we informed users, use FM Area version while uploading budget in FMBB. Please let me know the impact of using different versions and which one is best practice.

Regards,

Sree

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It all depends on your requirements. You can have multiple versions and even multiple AVC ledgers checking against these versions. But if you say, that you have normal pre-defined AVC ledgers (9I, 9H), I see no reason why they would check against version, which is not the actual one (version 0). After all, version 0 is supposed to contain final budget version.

You can still keep the versions if you need to follow budget evolution and your client has a requirement for this, but AVC will work against version 0.

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

I tried two scenarios by keeping our own version and version 0.

Version 0: Carry forward the commitment and budget released to the extent of commitment but we are not able to release current budget year 2014 which are uploaded against our own version in FMBB.

Own Version: Commitment carried forward but its consuming from Current year budget instead of from carried forward budget means carried forward budget has not released.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

FMJ2 will take along only the budget from version 0; other versions' budget should be transferred through carry-over.

0 Kudos

Hi,

I kept our own version created under FM area under the setting "Define filter settings for Budget values".

If system takes version 0 through FMJ2 then the budget and released figures in the report FMRP_RW_BUDCON are not giving correct picture and controls are working as per the available balance in this report. While doing carry forward the budget documents are creating along with released document under version 0.

Is it good to upload budget through FMBB by selecting process manually and release manually against the version AU1. I am thinking it will duplicate the budget at table level but with different versions. Please let me know your advice.

Regards,

Sree

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't think I get your point...Once more:

a) FMJ2 will take version 0 along with carried-forward documents and release it accordingly

b) If you have AVC ledgers pointing to another version (what for?), then FMJ2 will not bring the necessary budget

c) As a result, you will have to carry-over residual budget for versions other than 0, participating in your AVC, right after FMJ2 execution