Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Domain Link - Forwarding Transport requests

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

here is the query

We have a two different transport domains for N landscape and for N+1 landscape.

We wanted to bring in multiple transports into N+1 transport from N landscape and vice versa. I know we can sync the transport directories of both domains at OS level using ftp scripts etc..and import later. But wanted to check with Domain link concept, once the link is established between domains A and B., we usually forward the requests to target system and import it.

But never tried bulk/mass forward of transports to the target systems. Is it technically possible to forward the mass TR's through RFC's between domains.

Any hiccup we might see? please shed some light. Wanted to try this in my landscape.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Durga,

I do not seem to have seen any such limitation that, you could face trouble while doing bulk transports using domain link. I have never used that for my customer, so I do not have any clue about any "hiccup" !! However you can check below config steps and you can try to implement this.

So, if possible try to test in some test environment before using productively, unless some one comes up with real time experience with any issues he/she has faced with TMS domain link while used for bulk transport.

SAP Library - Transport Management System (BC-CTS-TMS)

and if needed,

SAP Library - Transport Management System (BC-CTS-TMS)

Let us know if this helps.

Regards,

Sujit Kumar Banerjee.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, but my initial query was if mass "forwarding of transports" to another domain in the target system is allowed or not. I wanted to clarify this before setting it up, otherwise will go with OS based scripts to copy transports at OS level from one trans directory to another.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okay. Please check the below link if it helps.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3480424

But again, you can configure and test in your training/test/sandbox environment, if possible. There is no harm in doing the config. and test it in sandbox environment.

Regards,

Sujit Kumar Banerjee.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Configure 2 secondary domains with 1 primary domain

N, N+1, N+2

After setting up STMS routes properly, by using the adjust buffer option (logon to the primary DC - go to STMS systems -> select target system - > use the adjust buffer (thunder bolt - Z symbol),

all the transport are added to the target systems. which has given a solution more or less for mass forwarding of requests.

Thanks,

Durga

Answers (0)