cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping Help:-UDF or Direct mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi I have two input field A and B based on certain criteria Field C will get created.

Please help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sudheer,

you can map as below

Input B not equal to 'X' then map GHDGFD

else

Input A --> map with default blank --> equal to blank -->

then contanst '#'

else Input B

Hope it clear.

Harish

pramodrepaka
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sudheer,

I see that you have two input fields A and B ; A could be ( no value / has a value / field not populated at all ) ; B could be( Not equal to X or equals to X ) . The various combinations of A and B  you populate the output field C.

As long as we have conditional blocks we can very well use them using the mapping.If you use UDF this would be much simpler than tagging multiple functions given in mapping. As this is a very small requirement better go with direct mapping.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod,

If Mapping can you please share the details

pramodrepaka
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Sudheer,

You can solve this requirement by combining the Node functions,Boolean and Constants.

1) Exist Function 2) If then 3) If then Else 4) Constant

You have to use this as

1) take a if then else block for input A then check it for if  ' ' and take another if then else  for input B then check it for X.

2) Now combine these two layers and perform one more if then else block and then populate the results using the constants.

3) If you are also having an option where input A is not at all populated then use Exist function.

I hope this is helpful to you

Regards,

Pramod.