Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deletion of old files under global directory

former_member190251
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Currently /sapmnt/sid/global directory is 85% full. upon checking we found that WF_LOG* files and files under 410JOBLG folder are occupying more space.

Please let me know the procedure how to delete WF_LOG* files from sap or can we use "RM" COMMAND FROM aix to delete the old files.

Please confirm the below screenshot is correct If i want to delete files under 410JOBLG folder, (delete job log files more than 300 days)

RSBTCDEL2 in se38

--------------------------

Regards

subbu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subbu Samb,

Please SAP Note: 1574038 - Build up of WF_LOG_* files in directory /sapmnt/<SID>/global.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Abdul.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sabbu,

I think these are the workflow related log files and it will not be a wise idea to clean up the directory in OS level. Rather we can take up the SAP recommended approach to handle this file system in Global directory.

But, you have to note, if this directory is filled up quickly, you have to find out the reason; most likely some workflow trace has been switched on that you might need to consider.

So, check all these possibilities from Knowledge Base Article (KBA) 1574038.

You might also want to check the below note in addition, if it is applicable.:

992230 - Trace: Automatic deletion of expired trace data

Please let us know if it helps.

Regards,

Sujit Kumar Banerjee.

Nicolas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Normally, report RSBTCDEL2 is executed by standard job SAP_REORG_JOBS on a daily basis (read note 16083 - Standard jobs, reorganization jobs). Check if this job is scheduled. By default, the job delete logs of cancelled and finished jobs older than 14 days.

In your case, you will delete job logs older than 200 days. It is more than ok.

Regards,

Nicolas

former_member190251
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nicolas,

Thanks for the reply

Will it delete WF_LOGS by using RSBTCDEL2 REPORT.

thanks

Subbu