cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sampling procedure

former_member1186946
Participant
0 Kudos

Initially i created a sampling procedure,i had opted for  free inspection points & done some recording results & taken UD. Then i changed the sampling procedure i removed the option of "Inspection points" & chose sample management.I have cleared the inspection lots also.

For a new material in inspection plan when i try to assign Sample procedure i am encountering a error message.

The sampling procedure can only be used for inspections with insp. points

Message no. QD242

Diagnosis

The specified sampling procedure can only be used for inspection-point-related inspections and is, therefore, not allowed in this environment.

System Response

You cannot select this sampling procedure.

Procedure

Choose a different sampling procedure.

Is it not possible to use the old sampling procedure should i create a new sampling procedure even after i have created the inspection lots?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I believe once its used, you cant change it.  When you go back into the sampling procedure in display mode, does it show the procedure has been changed?  I also believe in the inspection plan header you need to change from free inspection points to sample management.  Did u do that?

Craig

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sir,

Sampling procedure can be changed and re assign even if it has been used before.

One thing which cannot be done (once it is used), is the deletion of SP. Any SP can be deleted only if it is not used in any task list.

But can be modified n number of times.

I have used and modified a SP (for testing purpose few months back) where it was initially created with 'Fixed sampling', used and later was changed to 'Sampling scheme'. It worked pretty well !!

Regards,

Nitin

former_member1186946
Participant
0 Kudos

SAP is behaved in a peculiar way.It started to accept after sometime

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I didn't understand your statement. Are you saying that system accepted the modified SP later on but didn't allow initially? If that is the case, you need to check if there were some changes done to any setting or something.

I mean, there has to be a reason for whatever the behavior it shows. Correct ?

Regards,

Nitin

former_member1186946
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes it accepted what it did not allow earlier.Nothing was changed.

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then I guess there is no issue left. You could change the SP, re assigned and use it without any problem. One of query about modification of SP and re usage is also answered.

I'll suggest you to close this thread in case there is no more query. Behavior is still in doubt, as you said, but that cannot be identified without analyzing the case.

Thanks

Nitin

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Martin_H
Contributor
0 Kudos

In addition to Craigs comment, you should ask yourself if you really want to "reuse" old procedures for completly different topics. Especially when you have to explain two years later why you did change the sampling procedure.

Creating a new one in your case makes your life easier.

Regards

MH

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ofcourse you can modify a SP and use it. You do have two options here. Since you haven't explained the reason behind changing the sampling procedure, I'm suggesting on the basis of mu assumptions.

• Change it to 'Without Inspection points' instead of Sample management.

• Or else, assign inspection points (200 in this case), at the header level of inspection plan, if you want to use SP with sample management.

This would work for you.

ntn