cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can we know that the Rule is Generated or Not?

former_member144617
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,,

After creating the Risk , its suggested to click on Generate Rules Button to Generate the Risk.

But my question is that how we can know whether the risk is already generated or not..??

Any table or any change history for this.

As I can see even after generating the Rule the last update date for the risk is still the same.

Someone please help me !

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check GRACACTRULE.

BR,

Mangesh

former_member204204
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

For every risk there will be a rule id which will be generated which you can see in the table GRACACTRULE.

You can enable change log parameter 1002 to Yes in order to know the change history.

Regards,

Neeraj Agarwal

former_member144617
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Neeraj,

Is their any way to check in front end only through any report as i also don't have the access to see the change log.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pranjal,

You can use Setup>>Generated Rules>>Access Rule Detail.

BR,

Mangesh

former_member144617
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mangesh,

Thanks for the help , this is the report correct in Reports and Analytic Tab, You want to say that we can check in this report and can see if the risk is having rule id ,then the rules is generated...correct me if I am wrong.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pranjal,

Right path is Setup>>Generated Rules>>Access Rule Detail not Report and Analytic.

Yes, you got it correctly as this report gets data from table GRACACTRULE

BR,

Mangesh

former_member144617
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey,  Thanks I got it...!!

But it arise me a different query, let suppose we need to update the risk and after then we will generate the rule too...so at that time what happens in this report ....will it shows different rule id or the same, if same then again how we can confirm that is the rule generated or not..??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Rule ID numbers are just identifiers for different combinations in same risk. It is just serial number assigned to the combination.

Example:

Risk: RISK01

Function: FUNC01                         Function: FUNC02

Action:      ZU01                              Action:     XU01

ZU02                                              XU02

Rule ID: 0001 for ZU01 and XU01

Rule ID: 0002 for ZU01 and XU02

Rule ID: 0003 for ZU02 and XU01

Rule ID: 0004 for ZU02 and XU02

But if you remove action ZU02 and XU01 in your update

Remaining

Action: ZU01                         Action:XU02

Rule ID: 0001 for ZU01 and XU02

So it will just update the respective risk with same rule id assignment to new combination.

To achieve more clarity try to build one risk in you system.

You can definitely go into the risk to see if the new rule generated has changes reflected as per update or not. Try this all with example so you would have clarity.

BR,

Mangesh

former_member144617
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes....now i get this...Thanks a lot for avoiding confusion....so u mean to say that only when we need to update the risk i.e adding deleting function then only need to generate the rule.

But what happens if we need to change the description,rule set,risk type etc...do we need to generate the rule at that time or if yes then how then we get to know that is the rule generated or not..??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rule ids are essential part for ruleset to make system understand what combinations are there to check for conflict, but you should always generate rules for all minor changes this is very important for ruleset consistency.

So do not keep updated ruleset ungenerated ever.

former_member144617
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes I understand this but still i am on the same page as you mentioned that if we have functions and only the combinations will give us the rule id,,,but what happens if did changes expect the function   which i also mentioned earlier that if we are going to change the rule set,description etc like this minor changes then we need to generate the rules but where to find this that rule generated or not as the report only shows the rule id which is only for the function combination not for these minor changes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

For changes regarding description you have change history. Rule generation will bring that change in rule but as rule is based on Rule id not on the description it will not create any rule id for it.

former_member208207
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes . see the path as per below

Right path is Setup>>Generated Rules>>Access Rule Detail .

Yes, this report gets data from table GRACACTRULE

thanks,

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pranjal,

Do you need any further info? If not please mark the thread as per your assessment. It helps others to understand the correct solution.

BR,

Mangesh