cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When you upload doc from ESS/MSS and workflow triggers then where is these documents staying

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

We are using the ESS/MSS Portal, SAP HR, SAP Open text employee files Management.

I want to understand the standard process that when you upload the documents from ESS/MSS portal and submit this form and if there is workflow assigned then it will trigger a workflow.

So my question is: where these documents will be temporally stay before the approval complete? OR When the workflow triggers and where is these documents staying ?

I know after approval these documents goes and sit in sap archive Tables.

Regards
Ali

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

refer this once may be useful :-

Former Member
0 Kudos

I didnt find the answer in your both of your links.

My question is simple where the files stay before approval of the documents if you uploading the document from Desktop?

Former Member
0 Kudos

content server

Former Member
0 Kudos

if it is storing directly to content server then what is use of approval?

sahirn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Which ESS/MSS applications are you using to upload the documents?

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi - We are using SAP Open Text Records Management and SAP Open Text Employee file Management.

Can anybody have idea where the files stay before approval of the documents?

We are uploading the files from local desktop using ESS/MSS and then clicking submit button so before approval of these documents where these documents stays. Is this local system or anywhere in portal or and content server?

Regards

Former Member
sahirn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You could get your query answered here http://www.opentext.com/connect/global/sso_controller-profile?sys_action=sso_noperms_kc_css

I feel opentext uses content server to store all the documents be it in appoved or unapproved state.

But the approved ones are the ones that actually get tagged to the employee.

Regards.