cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Milestone Based Payment - Activation Steps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP PS Members

I am trying to execute a milestone based Payment process in SAP PS module for managing the Invoice to be paid in my company.

what I have understood up to now is it can be done using below steps  -

1. Activity/Milestone Confirmation

2. Milestones actual completion date to be adopted in Invoice plan in an external activity.

Somehow I am not able to copy the milestone dates in invoice date ....Can I Know Where I may be going wrong. are these milestones different from billing milestones , if yes what are options to do so , as from my basic research on this discussion i can see that people have done it.

Can anyone Guide me with Steps to do so - Whats the best way to go ahead with Milestones based payment in SAP PS ..as we look forward to go ahead with activity based confirmation to our contractors /vendors on Construction and engineering projects.

awaiting your responses and ideas ...

Thanks Team ,

Avinash Shelke

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Avinash,

Milestone billing in PS is only link to billing plan in Sales order - means that it's used for billing your customer.

What I understand is you want to use Milestone to plan the payment to your vendor/contractor, right?

Unfortunately there's no function like this for PS milestone.

Best regards,

Andy

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andy

Refer to Gokul's mail

Functionality exists in PS

Virendra

former_member203098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Avinash,

Refer to below Wiki links. Once you confirm the network activity in project actual date will get update to assigned milestone. Billing block will be removed automatically in the sales order once the activity confirmation is done. Now sales order line item (milestone line) appears in billing due list.

Billing Plans in Project System - Product Lifecycle Management - SCN Wiki

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi NAG,

I think the query is related to Milestone based Payments i.e. payments that will be done to the contractors or vendors based on Milestones (Purchase order involved here).

What you have mentioned speaks about Milestone Billing process related to Sales Orders.

@Avinash - Correct me if i am wrong.

I believe your requirement can be satisfied. Refer the link below,

Generating Dates from Milestones - Costs - SAP Library

Regards,

Gokul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I am looking for Payments to COntractors and Vendors using activity or Milestone confirmation.

thanks

Avinash

Former Member
0 Kudos

any idea how this invoice plans can control the invoice to be paid to concern vendor party.

thanks

Avinash

adam_sobkowicz2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hello

I wrote how to do it tick a checbox Sales document in the milestone which dates schould be available in the invocing plan. This checkbox is correct for biling and invocing plans. Both of them.

Hope this help

adam_sobkowicz2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

As I know there are not standard connections between invocing plans in activities and invocing plan in purchase order. So you probably can use some Z* reports.

Invocing plans in activitya are only for planning not for control the invoice in MM module.

adam_sobkowicz2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hello

Milestone is a milestone.

There are not billing milestones there are only milestones with option Sales document date. It means that this milestone can be used in financial planning.

So if you tick a checkbox Sales document date you will be able to use date of this milestone in your invoicing plan.