cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Character encoding problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

When I import MAM30 demo project in my NWDS 7. it gives character encoding problem (in my case UTF 😎 is default. ContextComparato.java file cannot be read by UTF 8. But when I change the default encoding to any other compatible ones with Context Comparator then thousands of errors come. I stuck to this problem please somebody help.

Valuable answer will be rewarded for sure.

Debarka

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi debarka,

are you referring to the encoding settings of your IDE's editor? or the encoding

which the ContextComparator is handling at runtime?

generally, your IDE (ie NWDS) will use your system's default encoding for the

actual files. now when the files were created or edited and saved on different

editor using different file encoding, you might need to convert them first to your

system's enconding. not only that you will encounter errors, but the file itself won't

be readable (garbled) in some cases, e.g. if setting the project's encoding to UTF16.

all files created later after setting to this setting will be saved in this encoding. and

moving back to other encoding might not be automatically converted.

if your problem are just missing references (red bars in eclipse), this is fixable by

just adding the necessary libraries in the classpath; or cleaning up and recompiling

the whole project.

regards

jo

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

JO could you tell me is that problem can happen because of JDK I am using. Is there any relation between them.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The error is particularly

The project was not built since the source file /NewProject/java/com/sap/mbs/tools/util/ContextComparator.java could not be read.

and when I try to open the file it shows (character encoding problem/ this file cannot be read using UTF 😎

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Where are you changing the default encoding? What are the errors?

Julien.