cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Upgrade Assitant Support Package Problem 4.7 to ECC 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Doing an upgrade from 4.7E to ECC 6. Does anyone know what should be the minimum patch level to start upgrade. Basis and Abap Supp. pack is on level 60. HR is on 61. But after starting prepare, it is giving error in version check phase. It is saying Upgrade Assitant the start release configuration is not supported. SAP_ABA : 620

SAP_APPL : 470

SAP_BASIS : 620

SAP_HR : 470

Infact all the support packages are at this level however the kernel is upgraded to 640 patch level 43.

If anyone has the info please help.. If ignored the upgrade assistant ask VALCHK_INI password which searched is nowhere found.

Kindly help.

Regards,

Valvan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you double check if you have got the right CDs ? Are you using ECC 6 upgrade master DVD ?

Edited by: Vineeth Rao Nandalike on Jul 16, 2008 2:44 PM

Edited by: Vineeth Rao Nandalike on Jul 16, 2008 2:49 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

increase the kernel version 640.

regards

mujahed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi This is Mahendra Paruchuri, I'm upgrading 4.7 to ecc 6.0, i'm getting error while VALCHK PHASE. It is asking password @ valchk phase. Plz tell me the solution.

Regards,

Paruchuri Mahendra

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What´s the exact text you get? Did you try to jump?

--

Markus

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP_BASIS is at version 620 but with Support pack level?

read the installation guide, it will tell you what are the minimum support packs level, it may also refer you to a SAP note. read all of them carefully.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks Eric I had already checked and they are above what is the minimum support pack level for eg SAP_BASIS requires minimum 41 support pack level and i have installed 61. Everything is according or more than the prerequisite requirement. Is this is a database version problem. Shall i go to upgrade oracle first as of now i am on 9.2.0.6.

Regards,

Shekhar Kulkarni

andreas_herzog
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes, <b>you will need to upgrade oracle</b> first...the upgrade will gather information regarding prerequisites (phase PREPARE, file checks.log) and you will find that the current (= 9.2.x) oracle version is too low for ecc 6.0; so you can make the oracle upgrade in advance...

GreetZ, AH