cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plants exist in which you have not specified a control key

Former Member
0 Kudos

i was doing mm01 for quality management , i entered QM control key and click "Insp.setup" , and err msg show "plants exist in which you have not specified a control key" , how can i fix it ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183424
Active Contributor

It just a warning message, you can continue with the message.

Refer to this thread

Here you will find an example why the message is appearing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for everyone answer my question ~

I typed "enter" to skip the warning msg for now , it works !!

According to this err msg "plants exist in which you have not specified a control key" maybe is somethere or system background  i can assign QM control key to plants . Does anybody know where or how  ?

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the material for all plants, check QM control key is assigned for all plant in material master.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI .

are you extending the material to another plant .

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes ,I have 3 plants , i've checked that the control key have been assigned for ss01(plant 1) and ss02 (plant 2) . Now I gonna to assign control key to ss03 (plant 3) ,and the warning msg showed .   

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

yes this is the system standard behavior this is just a information that you check the inspection setup for this plant since you have selected quality view . so you may change the inspection setup if different for every plant .

this is a good behavior system is warn you for that entry depend on plant.

Regards,

mukesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

inspection set up check here as highlighted in below screen shot. If, in your system inspection set up is plant wise the you have to change from there or if inspection set is same for all plant then you can leave the warning message .

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This message about QM control key has nothing to do with inspection setup.

this message is just issued because SAP validates the data when you are leaving the screen, which is the case if you click the inspection setup button.

the small box for QM proc active is stored at general level MARA, even it is located in the QM view.

whenever one plant decides to use QM in procurement, then ALL plants have to use it. But each plant can decide based on the QM control key how they want to use it. It is even possible to assign a control key that is setup to control nothing. this is actually the backdoor for the other plants which do not want to use QM in procurement.

And this warning message is issued to let you know that this material exists in other plants where it does not yet have an entry in the control key field.  It is a warning message since you cannot maintain this field of the other plant from your current screens and transaction.

Check it technically, use SE16 and list all entries in table MARC for your material. Then check in which plant you have no data for the QM control key.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For your plant SS03, either QM view does not exists or it exists but you do not have entered control key in this plant.

Check your Control key , if the Q-Agreement required is ticked then maintain the Quality info records,

Or just enter the Control key 0000, then this warning will not come,

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i think you are extending material to another plant it just a warning message you press enter again you will then remove inspection setup and enter for new plant.

Regards,

mukesh