cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help on IDoc for Picking, Packing and PGI against the Sale order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am new to this IDoc stuffs. Below is the scenario for which I would like to know the details of the IDoc...

Business Case:

1. Storage location is a HU Managed but not WM managed.

2. This storage locations is managed by a third party

3. Outbound delivery document against the SO will be created by our personnels in SAP for this storage location.

4. Picking, Packing and PGI needs to happen/post via Idoc. (By packing here, i refer to assign the HUs that are already created for the materials and is available in the storage location and not repacking)

Is there any standard IDoc that can be used here to Pick, Pack and post PGI. We would like to have picking and packing in a first idoc and PGI on the second idoc.

Thanks,

Prashant

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Prashant,

added: please explain the current interface setup. After delivery is created in SAP, is this sent to the 3rd party?

Could you please explain the business reason to have 2 (inbound) idocs - one for pick,pack and the other for PGI? Could 1inbound idoc (after PGI) be sufficient? with all the information.

Message was edited by: TW Typewriter - added in blue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Typewriter,

Thanks for your reply on this post..

The business process is as below (it was changed recently to have the creation of OBD, pick HUS and then post GI via single IDOC)

1. We have a storage loc in our enterprise structure that is HU managed but not WM managed.

2. This storage loc is being maintained by a third party.

3. SO will be created to be shipped out of this plant/sloc.

3. The stocks at this storage loc will be Special stock "E" against the sales order. And the stocks will be Packed in HUs.

4. The third party is informed to deliver the stocks (HUs - that do have the special stock number which internally refers to the the SO number and the line item number) directly to ship to party address in SO.

5. The 3rd party will physically ship the HUs to customer and send in the details that they have shipped goods against the sales order.

6. The details sent by the 3rd party will be received in SAP to create OBD for the sales order, Pick, Pack and post GI. This can happen via a single IDOC..

I am now planning to create a custom IDOC type referring to the standard IDOC type DELVRY03 and message type DESADV and to use a custom BAPI/FM.

Do you think I am using the right ones?

Thanks,

Prashant Kumar

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could you please clarify what analysis have you done before posting the question? Everyone is required to search before posting and there are tons of information about IDocs already out there that may be found using Google. E.g. Google -> 'IDoc PGI' find 900+ items on SCN alone.