cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License Types in license determination.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have some doubts on License or legal cotrol (Export/Imports).

1. Can any one give me some examples of license types.

2. Which type of products required licenses and

3. what are the different types of license available for exports to US. and Exporting From U.S to E.U or Other countries.

Please help on this questions .

Appreciate for helpful answer.

Thanks & Regads,

Hari.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

As asked by you, some  of the License Type are as follows:-

• VL
  • IVL
  • IVLP
  • EXCPT
  • NLR

The requirement for a license depends on the trade transaction being carried ouT i.e whether it is export or Import. Below are the major requirement for such in those transactions:

• Export:- For Materials in Short Supply in the Departure Country itself, for Dual Use/Military Products
  • Import:- For Military Products, for Drugs/alcoholic Products, Goods which can pose a danger to internal Products Market.

In the US Scenario, apart from other type of license , License type for Legal Regulation ITAR is the other specific License Type being used. Below is the list of major license type being used in this case:-

• VL
  • IVL
  • IVLP
  • EXCPT
  • DSP5
  • DSP6
  • DSP7

I hope you got it now.

Regards,

Aman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Aman,

In Which case we use VL

and in which case we use IVL or EXCPT, or DSP5 can you elobrate the usage of license types.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

That’s a question, I was now expecting from you.

Specifically, In US Scenario, we have two kinds of licenses to be obtained from Federal Department of Commerce. These are broadly classified as General Licenses and Validated Licenses.

1.     General Licenses:- This is a class of licenses, which can be used by the concerned party directly without any approval from the Government Authorities as soon as its fits a scenario like for the case of License Type EXCPT—License Exception.

2.     Validated License Types: - This is class of License which requires prior Approval from the Government Authorities as soon as its fits a scenario like for the case of License Type VL, IVL , IVLP, DSP5 etc.

In this case, there is a further classification as follows:-

• VL-->Validated License Type. This is for the above mentioned conditions but without any specific case.
  • IVL--> Individual Validated License Type. This is again with the above mentioned case but for a specific quantity of a particular product.
  • IVLP-->Individual Validated License Type (Partner Specific). This is again with the above mentioned case but for a specific quantity of a particular product and for a specific partner involved.
  • DSP5 etc.--> DSP-5 Application /License for Permanent Export of Unclassified Defense articles and related unclassified data. These classes of License types are specifically to adhere to the ITAR regulation of US Government to ensure movement of Dual use and Defense Articles.

I hope it was the required thing as asked by you.

Regards,

Aman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You Aman,

It was too clear thank you very much.

I really appreciate you

Answers (0)