Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC Call / Password not correct

Sm1tje
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a problem with an RFC call to a R/3 backend system. When calling the RFC from within a report (just for testing RFC connection) data is returned correctly without any problems. However when calling the same RFC from within a WD Application / Component, I get a system failure return code, stating that the password is not correct, please re-enter.

Question: How is this possible? Some additional configuration needed?

Regards,

Micky.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Sm1tje
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Cleaning up my (unresolved) questions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I will suggest you to please check your username and password in SM59 for RFC Connection .It might possible that there is problem in Connection over there .

In my case I faced same problem.But it was because my login name and password of that Remote server which I was accessing was changed .

Cheers

Parag

abhimanyu_lagishetti7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Micky,

How the users are mapped from your WAS to backend R/3?

Enable sap authentication for your WD applicaiton and check.

Regards

Abhimanyu L

Sm1tje
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhimanyu,

Thanks for you reply, but another question for you.

What do you mean by 'How are your users mapped?'. I created an RFC destination for which an RFC user is created in the R/3 backend system. I checked (and even reset) the password of the RFC user and tried again, but no luck at all. So the RFC user in R/3 equals the one in my remote destination. To problem seems to lie within the WD application, since testing the RFC module from within a simple report works just fine.

How to set the authentication for my WD Application? I checked it via transaction SICF, but what do I need to enter (no F4 Help available).?

Regards,

Micky.