cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Info popup 'system error in asynchronous method start' in document approval

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

While approving the document in SAP Inbox every time user getting information popup 'system error in asynchronous method start' and he is not able to approve the document.

Please provide the solution for given issue?

Regards,

Sudeesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

I042439
Employee
Employee

Hi Sudeesh

This is because of missing authorization.

check SCN Link: http://scn.sap.com/thread/2002337

Note :1840681 - Error in asynchronous method start states that it is because of missing authorization for transaction SWO_ASYNC

Best it to check SU53 soon after the message and see if we get something there for this auth failure.

If not, then you may want to raise an OSS ticket.

Regards,

Modak

bpawanchand
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sudeesh,

I think there could be a problem within the method that is used by the step. I think this could be probably because of the value or data object that the method s expecting to be available in the method container during run time. I feel like this could be one of the issue.

Secondly, check if there are any secondary methods associated with the step. If existing then make sure the instance of the container element which is used in the methods tab is available at run time.

Thirdly, Check if there are any events which are getting created upon approval action. from SWEL event log.

Finally, make sure you  have defined proper binding and while triggering the terminating events make sure you commit the work.

If this is with respect to any of the standard workflow templates , provide us the workflow ID.

Regards,

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

Thanks for your reply. I checked but didnt identify any issue proposed by you

Regards,

Sudeesh Soni