cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set a default value for a selected set

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Is there a way to set a default value for a selected set?

I am using a selected set for a characteristic (created though CT04), and my intention is to set a default value for it.

The characteristic is created for batches of a certain material. When I try to assign the value in the material master (MM02), that value is set as fixed for all new batches for this material. This means that I am not allowed to change it.

Then, I am looking for the option to define a default value which comes from the selected set.

Thank in advance,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No.  You cannot specify default values for selected sets. 

THe the only way to deal with that would be to use a user exit that would automatically populate the values you want.  This could be very difficult if the values you need can vary from material to material.

Craig

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

Thanks for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you are creating the Characteristic, there is a tab named "Values" you can define set of value on this tab.

when you will call this characteristic then these value will appear for selection.

let me know if you still face the issue,.

thx

M Daar.

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't understand what do you mean by saying 'Default value'. You create certain codes and assign them in the selected set. Only those can be entered in the corresponding MIC or characteristic and this is what, I guess, working appropriately in your case.

When you create a characteristic and you define the 'Values' via selected set or mentioning there, they become default (in other words, no other value can be entered in that characteristic).

I think you need to elaborate a bit more so that I can understand it better

I'm not sure what others have to say on this.

ntn