Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proxy to Web Service :: Fault Mapping not getting invoked in PI

sugata_bagchi2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have a simple synchronous scenario, where ECC is calling to the web service using  a proxy call .

Proxy req.---> PI---> SOAP Request.

SOAP response ---> PI ----> Proxy Response.

when we are passing a valid data it is working fine as expected. But in case of any wrong data the fault mapping is not getting executed and it is still trying to execute the response mapping .

we can see in the message monitor of PI ,  the SOAP fault message coming in to PI and failing as it is trying to execute Response mapping , not the fault mapping .

I have used a complete Java mapping to handle the SOAP fault , as we need to remove some of the tags from header .

Here I am trying ot pass the application fault. can you please tell me does SOAP adapter support application fault or it consider any fault as system error.

Your help is requested ,

Thanks

Sugata B

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sugata,

Please check your operation mapping that fault mapping is added and do not have any cache issue in ESR.

Please reactivate the operation mapping and interface determination (ICO).

The below blog might be helpful

regards,

Harish

sugata_bagchi2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

Thanks for the update, configuration and cache are all fine, but still it is taking the response mapping if there is a soap fault occurred.

we are on PO 7.31.

Any idea?

Thanks

Sugata B Majumder

manigram
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI,

SOAP fault will occur when there is any error in data level like data type mismatch. Exceed the length etc.

Regards,

Manigandan

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sugata,

how did you setup your inbound interface?

Did you put the soap fault from web services wsdl to inbound if fault message?

Can you compare that fault message from wsdl with the fault you get in runtime?

I guess there is a difference and this, what is looking like a fault message, is technically a response message.

Either you agree with that and route the error indicator inside the response back to ECC or you need to setup a BPM as a wrapper: Will receive the proxy request, call the webservice, receive the web service response and depending from response content send back to ECC a response or a fault message.

/Udo

Jitendra_Jeswan
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sugata,

Were you able to identify the root cause of the issue? I am having exactly same issue in PI 7.01 & having very same scenario.

@Harish, any further inputs?

Regards,

JJ.