cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation SMP 3.0 - SAP MOBILE PLATFORM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts, I need your support for the installation of SMP 3.0.

What is the database that I can use for this installation.

•ASE

•DB2

•Oracle

Please let me the download links of BD.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jamie,

Close this thread...it will help others. If you still have questions, let us know.

Thanks,

Shiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

All the 3 databases ( DB2 , ASE , Oracle ) are supported in SMP3.0. You can use any one of these to connect to SMP 3.0 .Also the DB has to be installed in production mode .

If you are planning to ASE db then you will have to use the licensed version .

Also as Shiv mnetioned ,derby can only be used as developer version and for internal usage.

Hope this information helps.

Thanks,

Latha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiv ,

Tell me , the ASE database and DB2? need license or is free .

you have the download links?

Thanks
Jaime

Former Member
0 Kudos

In SMP 3.0 , the database just holds the data regarding configuration settings only and the choice of the database dosent affect the performance as there is no concept of cache of data in the database. So, install the database which you are familiar and not worry about preformance.

Generally, you should get a licence if you are going for a production version of database for SMP, and you can get the details from the vendor. I dont know about ASE but Oracle and DB2 have good customer support, so you can enquire about license.

Thanks,

Shiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiv , I have version 2.3 of SMP . I i can upgrade to the SMP version 3.0. Well as are internal tests can I install it without either BD ASE/ORACLE/DB2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, for internal tests,the developer version of SMP 3.0  has a "Derby database" by default. You dont need any additional license and is free. You can do your tests and move to production version with one of the databases already mentioned with proper license.

Thanks,

Shiv

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shiv,

Are you saying that Derby is not good for Productive use? Is it SAP recommendation as well?

Please let me know.

Thanks

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, per SAP Derby cannot be used for production, its purpose is only for developer version and for internal usage.

For example: we have used derby for our Dev system and Oracle for Prod in SMP 3.0 ramp up.

Thanks,

Shiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jaime,

You can use the licensed version of ASE or download DB2 from IBM website.

Hope this information helps.

Thanks,

Latha

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use any one of the databases( ASE,DB2,Oracle) which you have mentioned for a production installation. We have used Oracle database and is working fine.

Thanks,

Shiv