cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opportunity Product Line Item Numbers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

This seems like a pretty basic question and I have searched, but couldn't find much...

In the SAP GUI transaction CRMD_ORDER I can modify the Products item number (NUMBER_INT) of new and existing items, but in the Web UI I can't.

Is there a way to enable this in the Web UI?

Thanks,

Clint

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182421
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you tried using the configuration tool?

Cheers!

Luis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nice, haha, yes I checked there...

So when I open the configuration tool of BT111H_OPPT/Details I see where I can go into the Show Field Properties and there is a Display Only flag.

But with BT111H_OPPT/ItemsList I only get the option to add or remove fields.  I also see where Enhancement fields have a read-only flag, but I don't see a way to adjust the standard fields.

So where is this in the configuration tool?

former_member182421
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The protection of fields in a tablewview can't be configured by configuration tool, usually is controlled by code GET_I method, BADI, authorization check, status, or customizing, as you can see can be multiple reasons why is disabled, as I understood you can't change the fields in the table view but either in the detail view of the item so I'm afaid you need to dig a little and come back to us

As first approach I would disable the enhancement set and see how the system behaves.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The GET_I method was the answer.  I know I checked some of the getters and setters and even debugged, but I must of missed this one.  For your quick reference the standard code is:

method GET_I_NUMBERINT.
    DATA: current TYPE REF TO if_bol_bo_property_access.
* Item No, can never be editable
* Its a generated number
    rv_disabled = 'TRUE'.
endmethod.

So what are the concerns with making it editable like in CRMD_ORDER?  The comment above makes it sounds very dangerous.

former_member182421
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, to preserve the system behaviour I would try the badi CRM_ORDER_FIELDCHECK_NEW using the transaction type as criteria. if you put the code in the GET_I of the tableview you also will need to control it via the GET_I in the detail view of the item (double the efforts) plus if you are using a BAPI or Webservice you custom logic will be avoided as well.

Busniess transaction has too many cases, so never say never

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all your inputs!

FYI, I'm not sure if the BADI will work although I haven't tried it yet. From the documentation: "A field that is set as not ready for input in the standard system cannot subsequently be made ready for input."

former_member182421
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That make sense, from your last answer (sample of code) I thought you want to disable. Enable fields is another different story, If is disabled by the standard (customizing or a standard implementation of a BADI) you can change the UI and make it enabled but probably when you'll try to save, the value won't reach the database. You will need to debug the GET_I and see why the system is disabling the filed...it's time to dig

Answers (0)