cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sftp keys

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have generated the public - private keys to set up the SFTP Sender adapter channel and shared our public ssh key to the vendor.

The vendor has provided there public ssh key. I know that the SAP PI keystore there is an option to import TrustedCAs. If I am understanding correctly I need to first convert the ssh public key into X.509 certificate before importing into the key store.

I am using Cygwin to generate the public-private keys.

How can I convert the vendor ssh public key into X.509 certificate or ssl public key so I can import in the keystore?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member192892
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Teresa,

It is not possible to create a certificate out of a public key. A certificate is a public key signed by an authority (normally a CA). So to create the certificate back from you public key you have to sign the public key from the same authority as before.

Secondly, once you have provided your public key to them and they have loaded it in their keystore then the authentication should normally work fine.

Regards

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Varun. If I understand correctly if we need to generate the Certificate from public SSH key the vendor has to generate it and give it to us.

Secondly you mention that since we have already provided our public key to vendor it is not necessary to import the vendor public key into key store Correct?

Teresa

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muniyappan,

I checked that link . It gives you instructions to use open SSL to create X.509 AND p12 Certificates from Private key.

In my scenario i have the vendor public SSH Key. How do I conver that into X.509 certificate so I can import into keystore ?

Thanks,

Teresa