cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWDI Question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey All,

I'm building a NW 7.4 PO landscape with NWDI integration.

A few clarifications around it.

During the install of PO, is asks to check box a intergration into NWDI landscape.

Do I need to have the NWDI infrastructure built first?

If not, Do I need to check mark this because I will have one?

if i don't check it, can i make or turn on the changes later? or is it only done at installation?

Last question, Can NWDI exist on the same server as SAP PO? If so, would you put it on DEV? I guess it also depends on SLD configurations?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

that check box is nothing,

if check, it just copy all the SCA files to your server, which can be used to setup track if you install nwdi in the same server(instance)

nwdi can be setup in the same dev po server.

Former Member
0 Kudos
ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Joshua,

use this option on the runtime system where you intend to deploy your product (this is typically used for products like ESS which is delievered by SAP but also modifiable by customers. If you don't tell the system this product is modified by you (controlled by NWDI) then you might "overwrite" it by accident when your admin colleagues are deploying latest pathes or upgrading the SP stack. To avoid that you tell the upgrade tool that this product is under modification by you, so the upgrade tool won't touch it but skip it during deployment).

Notice, you can enable this feature later as well, read more on this here:

Configuring Runtime Systems in NWDI - Using the Development and Production Infrastructure - SAP Libr... --> see Maintaining an NWDI-Controlled System Landscape

Regarding the checkbox itself "Prepare SAP System for NWDI Integration" indeed it only does what Jun said.

Regarding your other question, NWDI musn't be on any system which is a runtime system (dev, cons, test, prod). I recommend to have a separate engine installed that runs NWDI.
For more information on this see the note

"754143 -- CMS remarks/restrictions" which says:

• Do not use CMS server as a runtime system:

Do not use the J2EE Engine, on which the CMS is running, as a runtime system. When you import software components that have offline deployment portions, deployment causes a deadlock. In other words, the CMS is shut down by the import that it is supposed to check.

Best Regards,

Ervin