cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TO Quantity > Delivery quantity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Is there any way we can stop creating transfer order more than delivery quantity.

As per current process, if delivery is for 30 BAG. i can create TO for 40 BAG. but while confirming it will give error (picking quantity exceeds delivery quantity).

I want to stop user creating transfer orders more than delivery quantity.

Is there any way, we can achieve this?

Thanks in advance,

Nag

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP by itself will create the TO with the quantity mentioned in the delivery. If your users create TOs with a higher quantity, then they change it manually. Have you asked them why they are doing it.

I mean they must have a reason. Once you understand the reason, you can educate them or may need to adjust your design and customizing.

I remember cases where the customer service people did not know how much quantity is in a drum or in a bag, so they just entered the quantity as it was in the order by the customer. Nobody will open a 25 bag to remove 2 kg just because the CSR had booked 23kg.

If warehouse people pick 25, then they are actually right. Just restricting them cannot be the first choice. First you need to find the reason why they are changing the quantity.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jurgen,

Thanks for your inputs.

The problem we are facing is due to different units.

for example : they are keeping the stock in bottles - 12BT

they keep the stock in loose as well as BOx (1 BOx - 10 BT).

so some times warehouse users getting confused with BOX to Bottle and entereing more quantity for picking.

we are trying user training.

In addition, we just want to stop possibility of getting TO with more quantity (if its achievable).

Cheers,

Nag

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Set the indicator for "check overdelivery" to B  in customizing of your item category. I expect that you then get an error message Delivery quantity is greater than target quantity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jurgen,

I just tried this configuration, this is not giving error during TO creation. i believe this will again give at TO confirmation.

We have include this check explicitly on RF development, (As most of users using RF, we kind of solved the issue).

Thanks for your time.

Cheers,

Nag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Naga,

I faced the same problem in 2013 and I asked SAP about the situation they generate a KBA

1926014 - LT03 - Overpicking allowed / not allowed during TO creation in foreground

Mariana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mariana,

I am not able to open this link. can you paste imp content out of it.

I tried searching with it in SAP (service.sap.com) still no success.

Thanks in advance,

Naga Mohan

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The content of SAP notes and KBAs is restricted. It must not be copied to public forums.

Ask your basis team to get access granded, read more about it in

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Just check the detail of overdeliveries flag for movement type, Might be helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Manish,

This flag does not have much use in this scenario.

Cheers,

Nag

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naga

I have gone through with the function module L_TO_CREATE_DN which we use to create the Transfer order against a outbound delivery. From technical view point system picks all the information from preceding document(Material, qty and all other relevant) i can see only one point where at after Source bin selection if over deliveries flag is check then system allows to remove additional quantity

Could you pleas share the process steps which you are following to create the transfer order